Interesting Graphics on Forward Depth for Each NHL Team

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I'm interested in the 3rd and 4th lines, too, but:

Spaling has played with Sid and Geno, quite a bit.
Downie played with Sid for a few games.
Bennett played with Geno for a stretch.
Sutter played a TON with Malkin on his wing.

Adams and Sill haven't been on the 4th line exclusively.

Our 3rd and 4th lines, when they are our 3rd and 4th lines, don't score. When our 3rd and 4th line players play with Crosby and/or Malkin, they pick up points, as people who play with Crosby and/or Malkin tend to do.

That's really not true, and I don't have time to go look up all the stats for you now, but Sutter scored very little with Geno, BB scored 2 goals with Geno, but all the rest of his points on the 3rd line. So Downie, Sutter, BB and Spaling have scored most of their goals while playing together, which is to be expected, considering they have played most games on the 3rd line.

Sutter is a huge disappointment with Geno, his production hasn't been there. Which everyone generally agrees to. BB has not produced any assists with Geno, which is also disappointing.

What is 100% true and unavoidable is that NO ONE can score playing with Adams. Nor Arcobello, not ML, not Downie, not Sill, not Goc. NO ONE. Guys like ML and Downie and Goc do actually score relatively consistently away from Adams, if not at tremendously high levels.

PaulieWalnuts

Apr 23, 2013
83c0fbf071a4987c4f2857babcb5aa601f6a358af2d2f6ae809c263f74fe1fef.jpg

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
That's really not true, and I don't have time to go look up all the stats for you now, but Sutter scored very little with Geno, BB scored 2 goals with Geno, but all the rest of his points on the 3rd line. So Downie, Sutter, BB and Spaling have scored most of their goals while playing together, which is to be expected, considering they have played most games on the 3rd line.

Sutter is a huge disappointment with Geno, his production hasn't been there. Which everyone generally agrees to. BB has not produced any assists with Geno, which is also disappointing.

What is 100% true and unavoidable is that NO ONE can score playing with Adams. Nor Arcobello, not ML, not Downie, not Sill, not Goc. NO ONE. Guys like ML and Downie and Goc do actually score relatively consistently away from Adams, if not at tremendously high levels.

Downie

9 of his 22 points have come on the PP or with Sid/Geno

Sutter

7 of his 21 points have come on the PP/PK or with Geno

Bennett

2 of his 10 points have come with Geno

Spaling

11 of his 22 points have come with Sid, Geno, or on the PP

So of the 75 points these 4 gentlemen have been a part of, 29 of them (or 39%) came either with Sid or Geno or on special teams.

I dunno, close to 40% of that 3rd line production seems significant, but I guess not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad