Interesting Extended Interviews / Talks

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
No particular criteria- just post some clips of interviews or talks you find fascinating with a small explanatory note of what makes them so compelling. It could be public figures, musicians, actors, academics, or just Joe Schmoe.

Here is the Monty Python gang on a panel discussing / debating The Life Of Brian with a Bishop and notable British conservative. All four parts are available on YT.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fifty fascinating minutes by a few of the world's top comedians on the nature of humor, the mechanics of stand-up, the crafting of a set. I've watched this multiple times.
  • Jerry Seinfeld
  • Ricky Gervais
  • Chris Rock
  • Louis CK

Reactions: Amerika and kook10

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Not in position to browse Youtube for examples, but Frank Zappa's got a lot of good ones. The Louis CK/Marc Maron one is great too.

I love Ricky Gervais, but am I the only one who feels like whenever he tries to give insight into a subject, what he says always feel like such regurgitated and forced anecdotes for some reason, even though I agree with most of them?

Last edited:

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
@Amerika - did you ever watch Best Of Enemies? It's the story of the rivalry between Gore Vidal and William F. Buckley. Great little doc.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I kind of wish there was more stuff like this but not with celebrities (I don't give a shit about most celebs) but rather with really smart intelligent people in whichever field, ideally more broader ones. Something like that thing TVO hosts but not necessarily about such specific or niche topics. Ideally stuff from the 90s to mid-2000s because it has a higher air of likability and classiness while still feeling self-aware and modern compared to older stuff.

Anyways here's a couple Craig Ferguson ones

Reactions: kook10

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Probably my favorite interview of all-time. Mike Wallace interviewing Rod Serling in 1959 to promote an upcoming show called the Twilight Zone. He talks about why he became a writer, his battles against censorship with the studios and sponsors, the corruptibility of the film industry. Almost 60 years later and it's amazing how much the things he says still ring true.

Reactions: Amerika

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
@Amerika - did you ever watch Best Of Enemies? It's the story of the rivalry between Gore Vidal and William F. Buckley. Great little doc.

No, I haven't. I know the relative story - Buckley threatened to hit him during a show and slurred him - but I've never actually read Gore Vidal. But it sounds interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad