OT: Inline Skate Fit Like Bauer Supremes

burnedprof

Oct 6, 2020
i have a pair of bauer vapor x300 inlines (no brake), but i wear the supreme on ice. i cannot say i like the vapors that much. they are a size 8 and the fit is very different from the supreme. it's a very rigid boot and no matter how i tie or lace them, i get tongue/lace bite. otherwise, i can do pretty much whatever i want on them, but i wouldn't want to play a game of anything on them. admittedly i have an odd sized foot that is also narrow.

for reference i have a set of ex-OHL stock size 8 1/4 custom supreme 1000s that are badged as size 8 1/2 supreme 1000s, so they are a leather skate that feels like a pair of slippers, but contemporary players would find them very heavy. they've had the blades/holders replaced once. i use these for teaching and most of the coaching now.

my other pair is Patrick Elias model NHL stock size 8 1/4 supreme 7000s badged as one-90. for reference, both of these weigh as much as one of my old supremes and even without baking, they are the most comfortable footwear i own.

to do it again, i would not buy the vapors. it's just that when i got them, i was kind of stuck and that's what they had on sale. otoh, i am absolutely spoiled by my actual skates and when i'm home the guys at bert's are usually geeked out by them, so i know they do a good job sharpening them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad