Inline Hockey Stick/Blade Question

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by surge, Apr 13, 2006.

View Users: View Users
  1. surge

surge Registered User

I've been playing Ice Hockey most of my life and I plan on playing Inline Hockey this summer on a coated surface (smooth w/ 'Roll On' blue paint) and I have a couple of equipment questions.

Firstly, I use one-piece sticks when I play ice (Easton Synergy/CCM Vector and a Vapor XXX) and I was wondering whether it's a good idea to keep the stick blade taped or to use a 'tacky-mack' sticker for the front of the blade?

Also, is it really necessary to wear hip/chest protection (girdle)?

Cheers.

2. hardcorejacket29

hardcorejacket29 Registered User

Home Page:
    I'm not sure about using the tape on your stickblade, you might be better with the alternative... It seems like the tape kind of drags on some surfaces... but I don't think shoulder pads are necessary at all... possibly a girdle, but only one of the lighter ones made for roller hockey... which I think are only really made by mission.

3. RangersMoogle

RangersMoogle Registered User

Home Page:
    I wouldn't bother with shoulder pads, but I'd use a girdle. I use an ice girdle when I play inline, I look like a dork, but it saves me money.

4. Vote for Rory

Vote for Rory Registered User

I use tape on my inline stick, but its worn down on the bottom so that it slides on the floor. I dont have to retape it often, but when I do it usually only takes maybe half a game to get the bottom worn down again.

I also wouldn't wear shoulder pads. In my inline league I use my Roller Hockey Pants (basically these http://www.iceprossports.com/stores/i/iceprossports/catalog/P287.jpg ). There isn't any padding in the *** or hips, but there light and give you a sleek'ish look.