Inline Hockey Stick/Blade Question

surge

Mar 7, 2004
I've been playing Ice Hockey most of my life and I plan on playing Inline Hockey this summer on a coated surface (smooth w/ 'Roll On' blue paint) and I have a couple of equipment questions.

Firstly, I use one-piece sticks when I play ice (Easton Synergy/CCM Vector and a Vapor XXX) and I was wondering whether it's a good idea to keep the stick blade taped or to use a 'tacky-mack' sticker for the front of the blade?

Also, is it really necessary to wear hip/chest protection (girdle)?

Cheers.

hardcorejacket29

Jun 12, 2002
Gahanna, OH
Visit site
I'm not sure about using the tape on your stickblade, you might be better with the alternative... It seems like the tape kind of drags on some surfaces... but I don't think shoulder pads are necessary at all... possibly a girdle, but only one of the lighter ones made for roller hockey... which I think are only really made by mission.

Vote for Rory

Nov 13, 2004
I use tape on my inline stick, but its worn down on the bottom so that it slides on the floor. I dont have to retape it often, but when I do it usually only takes maybe half a game to get the bottom worn down again.

I also wouldn't wear shoulder pads. In my inline league I use my Roller Hockey Pants (basically these http://www.iceprossports.com/stores/i/iceprossports/catalog/P287.jpg ). There isn't any padding in the *** or hips, but there light and give you a sleek'ish look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad