Injury Report: Injury updates from Yzerman (Copp to miss a little time)

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
and-so-it-begins-gif-6.gif

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Fabbri "missing one month" of the start is now missing at least 2 months, maybe more.

Too bad we don't see Copp at pre-season.

Was fun to hear that Cossa will see some ice at pre-season.

Reactions: 14ari13

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Copp missing the preseason certainly sucks for Copp, as he'll be lagging behind everyone in terms of getting up to game speed. But there's a silver lining there for the Wings. They mostly know what they've got in Copp, and this allows for more looks for the Velenos and Rasmussens of the world.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Fabbri "missing one month" of the start is now missing at least 2 months, maybe more.

Too bad we don't see Copp at pre-season.

Was fun to hear that Cossa will see some ice at pre-season.
Knees are unpredictable. My acl repair took 9 months of recovery, with frequent visits to the surgeon to have fluid drained over the first 4 or so of that. Some people are back to full activity by 6.

Reactions: 13to40

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Copp missing the preseason certainly sucks for Copp, as he'll be lagging behind everyone in terms of getting up to game speed. But there's a silver lining there for the Wings. They mostly know what they've got in Copp, and this allows for more looks for the Velenos and Rasmussens of the world.

I had hard time to slot Veleno anywhere, so Copp missing falls to him as an open slot.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Will be interesting to see how Ras/Veleno/Suter/Zadina/Erne/All the Prospects fit in with Lalonde's systems and whether there are a few surprises. Yzerman still speaks very highly of Zadina, so that, for me, is quite interesting. I also imagine if his career goes true-to-form, that Veleno will take a significant jump this year, perhaps even pushing Suter down to 4C. But time will tell there.

I'm very curious to see how Copp changes our lineup, once he gets into some games. I love what he can bring to a lineup, but will still be fascinating to see in what ways he will change our team for the better. As long as it is what he delivered to Winnipeg and New York, I'll be extremely happy.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
They are probably perfectly fine as physical trainer/therapists. They're just shit at telling time.

Individuals heal faster and slower than one another. Different injuries can have setbacks during rehab. And so on. It's an estimate.

We went through this years ago where some were complaining about the Wings training staff under Holland like they were personally responsible for causing any soft tissue injuries.

The only way to reliability speed the timeline up is give the players drugs like growth hormones. That's why people have wonky expectations for recovery, because that's not uncommon to see with guys in many sports. It's more uncommon if they actually get caught.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
[ignorance]

Isn't this kind of a good thing? More bodies showcased through the pipeline during a real NHL season so you can see how they dance? I mean, crappy for the injured (I jammed the lower corner of my hanging liquor cabinet into my upper chest the other night hosting a gaming night and still can't draw a deep breath without wincing) but great for evaluating performance.

Yeah?

No?

[/ignorance]

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Well, let's be honest, depending on who the player is who is hurt, it could most certainly be a good thing.

Anyway, something having a silver lining that something being a good thing.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Yeah I'd far prefer Copp get time with the guys and hit the season running. Instead we'll have this awkward 15ish game period where he's going to be trying to catch up on the fly and build chemistry.

But if he's out, for this training camp and preseason period, it does allow another player to take a bigger role and hopefully showcase himself. That's something positive from a bad situation.

If nobody steps up, it's only negative though.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Well, let's be honest, depending on who the player is who is hurt, it could most certainly be a good thing.

Jan Mursak? What?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Knees are unpredictable. My acl repair took 9 months of recovery, with frequent visits to the surgeon to have fluid drained over the first 4 or so of that. Some people are back to full activity by 6.

He has had 3, 2 in one knee, 1 in the other.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad