Injury Report: Injury Thread '21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
When is Stalock available to start practicing with the team?

giphy.gif

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Lagesson and Bouchard will likely get back in during this series. Probably the third game. I see Tippett keeping the same D for tonight since they played well last game.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Lagesson and Bouchard will likely get back in during this series. Probably the third game. I see Tippett keeping the same D for tonight since they played well last game.
They played ok, but Bear-Jones were lucky as well. They had a few screw ups that could have easily ended up in our net. I think Bear was still whatever, but looked better than his previous game.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I can't believe they have healthy scratched Lags. I liked him with Larsson. Then play Russell if you have to and one of the youngins

Yeah, I just assumed that he was still injured because Russell and Jones were still playing. Lags has been better than both of them this year, by a fair margin too I would add. Tippett gonna Tippett though I suppose.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Why are they so scared about not protecting him? makes no sense. Will Seattle be that dumb to take a that risk? I see so much doom and gloom out there about nothing.

Reactions: TB12

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Why are they so scared about not protecting him? makes no sense. Will Seattle be that dumb to take a that risk? I see so much doom and gloom out there about nothing.

If the choice is Klefbom or Jones and I am Seattle I take Klefbom 11 times ot of 10. Jones may well end up as an everday defenseman but likley at the level that they will have multiple players on the same tier. Klefbom may end up being lost pick but if he does come back the chances that an even less than optimal Klefbom is better than Jones is quite high.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Holland said Slater Koekkoek is possible for the start of the playoffs @ 19:30 of the press conference. A good add for depth without trading a mid-round pick for a player like this at the deadline.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
If the choice is Klefbom or Jones and I am Seattle I take Klefbom 11 times ot of 10. Jones may well end up as an everday defenseman but likley at the level that they will have multiple players on the same tier. Klefbom may end up being lost pick but if he does come back the chances that an even less than optimal Klefbom is better than Jones is quite high.

Agreed. Jones is the kind of player you can get for a 2nd round pick from lot of teams. Klefbom, if his surgery does miraculously work, is a top-3 defender on the vast majority of teams, and on a very favorable contract. If I'm the Oilers though, I'm not sure that I protect Klefbom in a 7/3 configuration.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
So he has decided to go through with the surgery. Interesting. I guess that means he is trying to get back to playing then right?
We really got no idea what the surgery entails. Maybe it's cleaning something up or maybe it's repositioning the actual bone so the chronic wear and tear region on the joint is no longer affected to the degree it is now.

If you recall Chris Pronger had major wrist surgery to correct a chronic injury shortly before he came to Edmonton. They cut entirely through bone to shorten it or alter it so the joint is at a different degree/angle giving relief to the tissues causing discomfort.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So he has decided to go through with the surgery. Interesting. I guess that means he is trying to get back to playing then right?

I think that was always the plan. Hopefully the surgery works out and we have him back for Sept 2021 training camp, and we resign Barrie and Larsson.

Nurse - Barrie
Klefbom - Larsson

As our top 4 and even after the expansion draft we would have Broberg, Lagesson, Jones, Bouchard, Bear, and Samorukov plus guys like Kemp and Kesselring coming up the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad