Injury Settings

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
So I'm sure everyone else is thinking this as well were 3 games in and I think about 50players are already down with injury I mean that's crazy just looking up and down rosters and lots of these are long term injuries just wondering how high the injury is set having this many injuries so fast what is going on just asking?

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
It could be the DU rating more than injury settings. There's so many low DU players on every team we're bound to have lots of injuries this year regardless of settings.

EDIT...

Looking a little closer there's currently 32 players injured but 23 of those have a DU of 70 or lower and in many cases it's in the 40-60 range. If a player is logging big minutes with that kind of DU there's going to be lots of injuries.

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
A few more injuries is probably more realistic. Even at the beginning of the NHL season, it seems every team averages a player or two out at any given time.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
So I have lowered the Injury Rating in the sim to see if we can bring down the injury bug a little. It went from 35 to 30.

Tomas Fleischmann is out for 1 week because of a Severed Left Wrist Tendons Injury.

Mike Komisarek is out for 1 week because of a Back Surgery Injury.

Nick Foligno is out for 2 months because of a Bruised Right Arm Injury.

I love it.....That must be one hell of a bruise of Foligno should be very embarrassed when he faces either of those two, who seem to be men of steel. I hear Foligno may have also suffered a strained heart muscle! :D:handclap:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Have to say, whatever changes you made have worked, Matthew... *too well.

My guys are virtually never fatigued, and I can't put that all down to sound bench management, since nobody else seems to be fatigued either. And the injuries have dropped off a cliff.

For starters, I suggest we go from rest days every 3/6/9 to rest days every 5/10 and see where that gets us.

The one thing that the sim still gets fundamentally wrong is the fights. There's lots of them, which isn't a bad thing, but it's always the least likely candidates. Last night Tim Connolly and Marek Zidlicky laid out more beatings, and (this one at least is true to life!) Nikolai Kulemin got his ass handed to him.

I don't think there's anything we can do about that at this point though.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Have to say, whatever changes you made have worked, Matthew... *too well.

My guys are virtually never fatigued, and I can't put that all down to sound bench management, since nobody else seems to be fatigued either. And the injuries have dropped off a cliff.

For starters, I suggest we go from rest days every 3/6/9 to rest days every 5/10 and see where that gets us.

The one thing that the sim still gets fundamentally wrong is the fights. There's lots of them, which isn't a bad thing, but it's always the least likely candidates. Last night Tim Connolly and Marek Zidlicky laid out more beatings, and (this one at least is true to life!) Nikolai Kulemin got his ass handed to him.

I don't think there's anything we can do about that at this point though.

Interesting you say that about the injuries, because I'm actually experiencing MORE injuries lately. Lost Hal Gill for 2 weeks and Raffi Torres for a month, as well as minor day to day injuries in the past week or so of simming. Maybe I just got lucky at the beginning of the season when everyone else was experiencing their injuries.

Agree RE: the fights. It's pretty ridiculous. But I'm really not sure what can be done about it. I think it's just this version of the SIM's "bug."

The other thing with this SIM so far this season is that scoring is way down. There are just a ton of one goal games happening, and a lot of low scores. Just as an example, the HFNHL Devils are the 6th best scoring team in the HFNHL right now at 2.65 gpg. That would make them the 19th best scoring team in the NHL. I'm not sure if it's because our goalies are too well rated (with ratings in the 90's for some goalies, in comparison with our forward ratings in the 80's). Or just because of a SIM setting.

Again, it's not something we can change at this point. Just chalk it up to a learning experience with this new SIM and something we can look at next year.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
The fights aren't a bug I'm the sim I run my own sim league and fighting with the exact same sim isnt often but injuries and fatigue in this sim are either totally insane IE teams are playing half the season hurt or don't get hurt at all I've tried everything to make injures realistic in my sim but it doesn't seem to work it's either one or the other I have found. Scoring I can't tell you what's wrong with that because there are lots of high scoring games in my league mind you there loaded rosters as were only 16teams

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
A number of guys on my team are playing at less than 100% and even when I decrease their ice time they struggle to get back up to top form. I also just had my first major injury of the season losing Chimera for a month.

My only complaint, if I had one, is the lack of scoring. It would be nice if we were a touch closer to the NHL there, if not a little above it rather than well below.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
A number of guys on my team are playing at less than 100% and even when I decrease their ice time they struggle to get back up to top form. I also just had my first major injury of the season losing Chimera for a month.

My only complaint, if I had one, is the lack of scoring. It would be nice if we were a touch closer to the NHL there, if not a little above it rather than well below.

Sorry about the Chimera injury.

What do people think about trying to tweak the settings to increase the scoring mid-season? Brock suggested it was "too late", but the scoring is clearly at a bizarrely low level. It seems like a disproportionate amount of games are also ending up as one-goal games, often decided in OT or a shootout too.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver

What do people think about trying to tweak the settings to increase the scoring mid-season? Brock suggested it was "too late", but the scoring is clearly at a bizarrely low level. It seems like a disproportionate amount of games are also ending up as one-goal games, often decided in OT or a shootout too.

I'm in!

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC

I think it'd be fine. It's not as though we would have to change player ratings. It's just a slider bar option to put scoring up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad