Injury Report: Injuries 2014-15 - Emelin (upper body)

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Does anyone actually have any confirmation that Emelin is injured before making this thread?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Does anyone actually have any confirmation that Emelin is injured before making this thread?

He was injured in the sense that he didn't finish the game last night...

Whether it's any more serious than that is anyone's guess. I think the only news from today was that Markov and Emelin missed practice for "maintenance days".

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

He was seen leaving the game late in the 3rd period right after he finished a shift and he never came back. He didn't look to be in much discomfort, but something is going on, otherwise he would have come back for OT.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If Tinordi plays, Flyer fans may infer that Therrien wants him to get into fights.

let them assume. Tinordi can handle himself well (that's actually one aspect I have zero worries with regarding JT). I'm sure he's more focused on working on other things.

Tinordi always comes accross as smart and with his priorities in check.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Not trying to alarm everyone, this could be completely false but thought I'd let you guys know, Chantal Machabée reported Price had a long talk with Waite today at practice and it seemed to be regarding his knee, she said he stayed for the whole practice but was taking it really easy on his knee.

It's at the end of this report www.rds.ca/vidéos/une-démotion-pour-parenteau-3.1089541

This would suck bad

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Whatever guys injuries happen.

If we finish 6th rather than 2nd in the east due to injuries, life goes on.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Not trying to alarm everyone, this could be completely false but thought I'd let you guys know, Chantal Machabée reported Price had a long talk with Waite today at practice and it seemed to be regarding his knee, she said he stayed for the whole practice but was taking it really easy on his knee.

It's at the end of this report www.rds.ca/vidéos/une-démotion-pour-parenteau-3.1089541

This would suck bad

Unless she overheard the actual conversation, this probably had nothing to do with an existing injury. If there was anything wrong, Price wouldn't be practicing.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs have always had a strong Defensive presence, but the group we now have coming are resembling the strength of the early 70's team, this from a fan that lived and breathed every movement the Habs have made since a Toddler!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: Early 50's.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The Habs have always had a strong Defensive presence, but the group we now have coming are resembling the strength of the early 70's team, this from a fan that lived and breathed every movement the Habs have made since a Toddler!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: Early 50's.

Habs could have an incredible defensive group in the coming seasons if:

1)Markov can still play well enough to at least be a PP guy
2)Subban continues being amazing
3)Beaulieu develops fast enough to be a #2/3 while Markov is still around
4)Emelin remains decent
5)Tinordi can at least be a strong #5

plus a strong FA signing or two.

I think #3 is the key. Markov, Subban, and Beaulieu all have to concurrently be great for us to have a maximum quality Dcore

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Habs could have an incredible defensive group in the coming seasons if:

1)Markov can still play well enough to at least be a PP guy
2)Subban continues being amazing
3)Beaulieu develops fast enough to be a #2/3 while Markov is still around
4)Emelin remains decent
5)Tinordi can at least be a strong #5

plus a strong FA signing or two.

I think #3 is the key. Markov, Subban, and Beaulieu all have to concurrently be great for us to have a maximum quality Dcore

We could really use a mobile, safe #2 LHD to take over for Markov (Brodin, Maatta, etc.) or a RHD who can carry a second pairing while we run Emelin/Beaulieu/Tinordi on the left.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Unless she overheard the actual conversation, this probably had nothing to do with an existing injury. If there was anything wrong, Price wouldn't be practicing.

Dany Dubé just said on the radio that Price seemed very uncomfortable today at practice. I trust Dubé a lot, he won't say something like that if there's nothing to it.

It might be nothing (hopefully) but I'm pretty sure it's noteworthy when the most important guy on our team might be injured as minor as it might be.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Dany Dubé just said on the radio that Price seemed very uncomfortable today at practice. I trust Dubé a lot, he won't say something like that if there's nothing to it.

It might be nothing (hopefully) but I'm pretty sure it's noteworthy when the most important guy on our team might be injured as minor as it might be.

That is concerning. I hope it has nothing to do with kreider incident. I can live with any other d2d situation.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

It's at the end of this report www.rds.ca/vid%C3%A9os/une-d%C3%A9motion-pour-parenteau-3.1089541

This would suck bad

The decision to trade Budaj and keep Tokarski is looking better every day.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
****! If Price still suffers from knee problems from that Kreider hit, this season could see us go down for McDavid.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
****! If Price still suffers from knee problems from that Kreider hit, this season could see us go down for McDavid.

This would have been the case for sure with Budaj if we had lost Tokarski to waivers.

But I think Tokarski can hold the fort.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
This would have been the case for sure with Budaj if we had lost Tokarski to waivers.

But I think Tokarski can hold the fort.

Tokarski's a much more consistent player than Budaj when it comes to starting a couple games in a row, but I still can't see him starting 50 games this season. The most games he's ever played in his career was 55 in the AHL back in 09-10.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
It cant be too bad, if he's not 100% rest him, Toks can hold the fort.

As much as I liked Buds we couldnt rely on him in long stretches and against most top teams, Tokarski has showed he can do it.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Tokarski's a much more consistent player than Budaj when it comes to starting a couple games in a row, but I still can't see him starting 50 games this season. The most games he's ever played in his career was 55 in the AHL back in 09-10.

So we're talking about 50 games now ? I was thinking about the next 2 months at most, not nearly the entire season.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
So we're talking about 50 games now ? I was thinking about the next 2 months at most, not nearly the entire season.

I'm assuming that would be the absolute worst case scenario. Best case scenario, Carey was a little sore and just needed to take it easy and he'll continue to play like he normally does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad