Injury Report: Injured Predators

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I am reading the Admirals Roundtable, as usual, and they talk about injured players in Nashville. I knew that James Neal was injured, by a slash at the end of a second period against the Jets. They said that he is week-to-week now, instead of day-to-day. Did he get a broken arm or something else that wasn't called by the officials?

Anthony Bitetto was reported as having a broken hand and out for 6 weeks. This was news to me. Did it happen in a fight? Did he fall down the stairs in his house? I haven't read that anywhere else in this forum. Did I miss something? Is this why Pardy was signed by Nashville? He will be the 7th D-man?

"Miikka Salomäki was making his return to game action tonight on conditioning assignment from the Nashville Predators." The human cannon ball is hurt too?

"Colton Sissons remains out with an upper-body injury, and Ryan Ellis partially participated in Thursday practice for the Predators but remains day-to-day with an upper-body injury."

Is 1/4 of the team out because of the Jets games? Has Nashville spoken to the league office about what happened in those games?

What happened to Ellis? To quote Vince Lombardi Sr., "What the hell is going on out there?".

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I am reading the Admirals Roundtable, as usual, and they talk about injured players in Nashville. I knew that James Neal was injured, by a slash at the end of a second period against the Jets. They said that he is week-to-week now, instead of day-to-day. Did he get a broken arm or something else that wasn't called by the officials?

Anthony Bitetto was reported as having a broken hand and out for 6 weeks. This was news to me. Did it happen in a fight? Did he fall down the stairs in his house? I haven't read that anywhere else in this forum. Did I miss something? Is this why Pardy was signed by Nashville? He will be the 7th D-man?

"Miikka Salomäki was making his return to game action tonight on conditioning assignment from the Nashville Predators." The human cannon ball is hurt too?

"Colton Sissons remains out with an upper-body injury, and Ryan Ellis partially participated in Thursday practice for the Predators but remains day-to-day with an upper-body injury."

Is 1/4 of the team out because of the Jets games? Has Nashville spoken to the league office about what happened in those games?

What happened to Ellis? To quote Vince Lombardi Sr., "What the hell is going on out there?".

Miikka got hurt in game 2 vs Chicago, he hurt his hand blocking a shot and has pretty much missed the entire year.

Bitetto left after the first period in the Colorado game this week. Never saw what happened.

Ellis had the skirmish vs Tampa, played vs Dallas then missed the rest of the games after that. All they said was upper body injury.

Neal and Sissons are the only two knocked out by the Jets.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was listening to the Admirals Center Ice radio program on the way home from work.

The show also mentioned that Salomaki will be out for an "extended period".

Paul Fenton picked up Reid Boucher, I think that Salomaki and the other injuries is the reason why this was done at the last minute. Boucher scored 8 G and 11 A in 39 games last season for the NJ Devils. He was -13, so his defense needs a little work, but I will take almost 0.5 points a game on my team any day, especially from a person who would be considered an NHL rookie, since he only had 34 NHL games under his belt before last year.

Nashville and Milwaukee both need some new bodies. This move should help both teams.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Great news about Neal.

It would be awesome to have him back.

Willis has the projected lineup tonight as:

Viktor Arvidsson - Ryan Johansen - Craig Smith
Filip Forsberg - Mike Ribeiro - Kevin Fiala
Colin Wilson - Mike Fisher - James Neal
Frederick Gaudreau - Calle Jarnkrok - Austin Watson

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Doesn't Neal have to be activated? As of right now, haven't heard of anything.

How many players do we have on the big club? Wish Boucher was given a chance over Gaudreau, mostly because I want Guadreau to continue his development as a solid center in MIL.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Doesn't Neal have to be activated? As of right now, haven't heard of anything.

How many players do we have on the big club? Wish Boucher was given a chance over Gaudreau, mostly because I want Guadreau to continue his development as a solid center in MIL.

They can activate Neal as late as sometime near warm ups. They have done that before.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Even though I picked him in the NPPG today, I would happily let Gaudreau sit/fly back to MIL if it meant Neal was back in the lineup.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Any news on the defense? How are Ellis and company?

Anthony Bitetto, Petter Granberg, and Adam Pardy have gone up to the Nashville Predators. I just wondered if any of them are coming back down to Milwaukee?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Any news on the defense? How are Ellis and company?

Anthony Bitetto, Petter Granberg, and Adam Pardy have gone up to the Nashville Predators. I just wondered if any of them are coming back down to Milwaukee?

Bitetto is out for weeks with a broken hand. Until he or Ellis (who is classified as day to day and did skate yesterday morning) return, Granberg/Pardy are in Nashville.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Pardy will return to Milwaukee soon.

When Ellis returns. We need him as a 7th guy until Ellis gets back. But yes he was horrible last night, but so was the rest of the team. Not one player played well last night other than a couple of moments.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Bitetto is out for weeks with a broken hand. Until he or Ellis (who is classified as day to day and did skate yesterday morning) return, Granberg/Pardy are in Nashville.

I am a little embarrassed to point out that in Post #1 I said that Bitetto was out for 6 weeks with a broken hand. It has been a long week at work!

Thanks for the update on the others!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Due to call ups, Milwaukee is playing Diaby on the third pair with Blake Kessel, a recent signer and 27 year old brother of Phil and Amanda.

Kessel hosed the ECHL Atlanta Gladiators to come here. They suspended him for not reporting! I guess he doesn't plan to ever go back to the ECHL.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
I believe it's actually the Kalamazoo Wings who suspended him.
Wonder how this gets resolved when he finds himself out of a spot in the AHL...

'Fun' fact: Kessel was supposed to replace another guy who... refused to report to the Kalamazoo Wings.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I believe it's actually the Kalamazoo Wings who suspended him.
Wonder how this gets resolved when he finds himself out of a spot in the AHL...

'Fun' fact: Kessel was supposed to replace another guy who... refused to report to the Kalamazoo Wings.

Hockeydb says that Kessel is no longer on the Atlanta active roster after 22 games. There are no Kalamazoo stats available, but there is a line for them.

You are probably correct. I made a bad assumption.

It was a fun fact!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Due to call ups, Milwaukee is playing Diaby on the third pair with Blake Kessel, a recent signer and 27 year old brother of Phil and Amanda.

Kessel hosed the ECHL Atlanta Gladiators to come here. They suspended him for not reporting! I guess he doesn't plan to ever go back to the ECHL.

On Saturday, Diaby was not paired with Kessel. He played with Carrier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad