Ingram (TB) vs Ellis (EDM)

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
discussion on discord involving ellis, apparently he was money in the ahl down the stretch. ingram is a pretty solid goalie prospect in juniors, and tb org is high on him. who would you take moving forward?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Seeing Nick Ellis in a poll made me do a double check. Guy is flying so far under the radar he may as well did a tunnel (although im sure Tampa fans will say the same for Ingram). Admittedly know zero about Ingram other than amazing stats in the WHL

Ellis really intrigues me because hes older at 23, but he was always the back up in Providence. The one year he was a starter in his senior year, he posted a 0.936 (which is crazy good). Theres a reason he went undrafted. Then he goes to the AHL and as a rookie posts a 0.918 and gets glowing reports.

I really value AHL stats because Ive seen to many prospects do great in CHL/NCAA and flame out in NCAA. So I weigh Ellis's AHL season alot. But on the flip side Ingram is 3 years younger and posting great numbers in the CHL. He has a full 3 years of development time to catch up. Id compare him to Brossoit who posted similar CHL stats and took till 22/23 to post good AHL numbers

Toss up for me tho, both good goalie prospects that are super underrated.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
At this point neither is a wrong answer.

I have some concerns about Ingram, but the dude does the one thing you want a goalie to do; he keeps the puck out of the net.

Ellis is a solid goalie prospect too. He had a good NCAA career and has been nothing but impressive since going pro.

I would've voted too close to call, but thats not an option, so I'll go Ellis because hes further along in development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad