Trade: [IND/SAC] Sabonis, Lamb & Holiday to Sacramento for Haliburton, Hield & Thompson

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Being a kings' fan is truly, truly the toughest gig in sports. I challenge anyone.

Stars27

Aug 23, 2013
What's with all the Sabonis hate? Sure, sucks to lose Haliburton but you have to give to get. The other 4 seem alright....I actually like this trade for both teams.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What's with all the Sabonis hate? Sure, sucks to lose Haliburton but you have to give to get. The other 4 seem alright....I actually like this trade for both teams.
it doesn't move the needle at all for them. fox-sabonis isn't a bad core but unless they go out and bring in more talent, that's a 10th seed at best

meanwhile, haliburton is younger, cheaper, and under team control for longer. not to mention he's already very good. makes no sense to trade him for a guy who is probably gone in two years

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Has nothing to do with Sabonis. Has everything to do with Halliburton being really good and the Kings still aren’t good enough to do much in the playoffs if they make it.

Reactions: Know Your Enemy

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Detroit Lions...
Nah. Lions made the playoffs three times with Stafford, Megatron, and suh not too long ago. Kings haven't made the playoffs since 2006 and have an owner who seriously proposed the team play 5v4 and have a permanent cherry picker. This is the worst franchise in sports.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, I don’t get it.

I’d much rather have kept Halliburton than trade him, but Sabonis is an elite scoring center. Add the fact this team wasn’t working as it was set up. Hopefully this isn’t their last move. That said, looks like Fox is staying.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
People complaining aren't complaining about Sabonis. He's a quality player.

It's what the Kings give up for him and who they're getting in addition to Sabonis that's the issue.

Reactions: Gecklund

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
People complaining aren't complaining about Sabonis. He's a quality player.

It's what the Kings give up for him and who they're getting in addition to Sabonis that's the issue.
Hield and Thompson together probably don’t have much value. Halliburton and Fox made each other redundant. This was the type of move that had to happen.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah, I don’t get it.

I’d much rather have kept Halliburton than trade him, but Sabonis is an elite scoring center. Add the fact this team wasn’t working as it was set up. Hopefully this isn’t their last move. That said, looks like Fox is staying.
Sabonis only has two years left on his deal. Do you think he is going to stick around this dumpster fire?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad