Incorrect Things About the NHL You Thought to be True

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
For the longest time I thought Nick Lidstrom was Canadian and that Steven Stamkos was Swedish.

I used to think the Flyers and Senators were O6 teams.

I thought the Flyers acquired Mike Richards in a trade from Buffalo.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
More about hockey in general, but I used to think that right-handed people shot right and left-handed people shot left, and that for some reason left-handed people were disproportionately good at hockey.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
When I was very young I thought the C on the jersey meant they played centre

My favourite player was Saku Koivu so this made perfect sense to me

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
When Bob Cole was saying "Potvin" I thought he was saying "Puck Fan" which I thought was just another word for "goalie".

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I thought Pekka Rinne was one word and the guy's last name.

Also thought the glowing puck showed up on ice during games. (I was drunk a lot in college)

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
More about hockey in general, but I used to think that right-handed people shot right and left-handed people shot left, and that for some reason left-handed people were disproportionately good at hockey.

I thought the exact same!

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
As a kid I thought if a team got a penalty, the other team would get an extra player and it would be 6-5 for 2 minutes.. until I realized that the penalty box wouldn't serve a purpose.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
For the longest time I thought Nick Lidstrom was Canadian and that Steven Stamkos was Swedish.

I used to think the Flyers and Senators were O6 teams.

I thought the Flyers acquired Mike Richards in a trade from Buffalo.

What the hell. Not trying to be an ass but how did you think any of those things were true ? I used to think the waivers were the maple leafs AHL affiliate when i was a kid :/

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
When he first came into the league, I thought the Canadians winger was named Pat Georetty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad