Inability to hold the lead

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
When they score first goal, sens win 35% of games - 30th in the league
When they allow first goal, sens win 46% of games - 4th in the league

That just doesn't make sense - they have a better chance of winning the game if they allow first goal.
What is this trend? Lack of experience or failure of coach's tactics?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
When they score first goal, sens win 35% of games - 30th in the league
When they allow first goal, sens win 46% of games - 4th in the league

That just doesn't make sense - they have a better chance of winning the game if they allow first goal.
What is this trend? Lack of experience or failure of coach's tactics?

I think it has a lot to do with our lack of ability to take the game to the other team. Once we score first. It kind of kicks the opposing team into gear and they wake up. Once that happens we have very few (if any) able to take over a shift and push back.

If the other team scores first or scores two. Then they kind of sit back. Which allows us to push. And this is when we can take advantage. When the opposin team is kind of going through the motions or not as urgent.

Also. I find in third periods when were down by a few... We tend to switch into a high octane style which activates karlsson (our best player) which is why I find karlsson will usually dominate third periods when were down. Unfortunately. That type of play is completely unsustainable over 60 minutes.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I think it is largely a numbers game. Just the odds. Most of our games are 1 goal games. 2-1, 3-2, 4-3. Scoring 1st is more random then a factor after 40% of the season. It does not really affect winning or losing that much. For us this season anyway.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
my guess
young team, new coach, lack high end/clutch scoring

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
they are 7-7-6 when scoring first and 7-7-1 when being scored on, also 3 and 3 in the shootout,
Just seems like a 50/50 type thing, the OT and shootout losses skew the win % numbers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad