In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
pretty sure Piskula is still the first callup based on need. The NHL experience still carries some weight on the blueline decisions. Alm will get some consideration too, but again... we hope this is a decision we don't have to see made... The D corps ... healthy and effective :)

Yeah, I forgot about Piskula. With the Preds contending he would be the logical callup due to experience. But is he subject to waivers? If so, for a short term need one of the kids might get called up, since they would likely just sit in the pressbox anyway

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Mazanec was the starter to open the season. When Hellberg got in he was great and he's gradually started taking more starts away from Mazanec. Haven't looked but over the past 10 or so games, I'm guessing Hellberg has more starts than Mazanec.

Appreciate it.

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Appreciate it.

Well based on draft position Hellberg should be better. Maybe he can beat out Hutton eventually to be a back-up or get used as a trade piece.

Juuse Saros is my favourite goalie prospect right now though, he's just 5'10 but just has fantastic technique and has proven himself behind a very poor HPK team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up another late round goalie in the draft. There is always good value at that position and you can get steals.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
would he have been eligible to go back to junior this year?

will be a shame if we rushed him and burned a year of his ELC when he wasnt ready to play at the AHL level

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
would he have been eligible to go back to junior this year?

will be a shame if we rushed him and burned a year of his ELC when he wasnt ready to play at the AHL level

Would he be in Milwuakee if he was eligible for junior? I thought that you weren't allowed to play in the AHL if so.

Edit: looked him up: November 16, 1994 (age 20)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Diaby playing that bad?

No, but he doesn't use his size well. He played better at the end of last season. He has no offense. Maybe he can get untracked in the ECHL.

Ten games played 0 G 0 A 41 PIMs and -1. Last year, 1 A in 4 games played.

Hellberg has an assist in 8 games, so Diaby is being outscored by a goalie!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
wow, thats surprising. would appreciate any comment from ads fans about that

And here I am!:yo:

Diaby and Pendenza are off the Milwaukee roster. Cehlin is going to play finally.

I posted this on the prospects thread.

Diaby doesn't use his size well. He played better at the end of last season. He has no offense. Maybe he can get untracked in the ECHL.

Ten games played, 0 G 0 A 41 PIMs and -1. Last year, 1 A in 4 games played.

Hellberg has an assist in 8 games, so Diaby is being outscored by a goalie!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was looking directly on Milwaukee and Cincinnati's websites plus their twitter feeds. You would think they would have said something there.

You should be checking the Admirals Roundtable or TheAHL.com. You can view the Milwaukee roster on the latter. The former will usually give you some insight.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
You should be checking the Admirals Roundtable or TheAHL.com. You can view the Milwaukee roster on the latter. The former will usually give you some insight.

Don't trust the ads website for ads news. Got it!

BTW the ads round table's twitter was all silent on this transaction at the time of my post, I haven't checked it since.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Would he be in Milwuakee if he was eligible for junior? I thought that you weren't allowed to play in the AHL if so.

Edit: looked him up: November 16, 1994 (age 20)

junior teams are allowed a certain number of overage players, I thought, but they didn't have to go back.

but another poster mentioned him playing well at the end of last season so Im guessing everyone thought he was ready.

really hope he snaps out of it and comes around... lots of folks had high hopes for him... maybe he thought he was the heir apparent and didn't have to work..

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Since the topic has strayed from the OP, this will be merged with the prospects thread. Thanks!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
was Rockford our "AA" affiliate at that time? Looks like Brandon Segal played for them too and he was our property at the time I believe. Of course, that was during the lockout, so Klein may have been sent down because guys who would have otherwise been preds were playing in Milwaukee (two guys who were drafted with Klein.... both with 100 million dollar contracts now)

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
was Rockford our "AA" affiliate at that time? Looks like Brandon Segal played for them too and he was our property at the time I believe. Of course, that was during the lockout, so Klein may have been sent down because guys who would have otherwise been preds were playing in Milwaukee (two guys who were drafted with Klein.... both with 100 million dollar contracts now)

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=438688

They were our affiliate until they joined the AHL. I remember the announcement and facepalming at the team's logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad