Boston Bruins In support of fallen Weymouth police officer Michael Chesna

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2018-7-19_10-42-46.png

upload_2018-7-19_10-42-9.png

In support of fallen Weymouth police officer Michael Chesna, the Boston Bruins Foundation is raffling off a foursome for the 15th Annual Boston Bruins Golf Tournament on Tuesday, September 4th .

Officer Chesna was wounded early Sunday morning while on duty and passed away a short time later at South Shore Hospital.

The winner of this raffle will participate in the tournament and will have their foursome paired with a Bruins celebrity. The tournament will include Boston Bruins management, coaching staff, alumni, and players from the active Boston Bruins roster.

Event Details:
Where: The International - 159 Ballville Road, Bolton, MA 01740
When: Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Proceeds from this raffle support The Michael Chesna Family Fund

TO ENTER CLICK HERE

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The least the Bruins could do for the family of this heroic man taken far too soon. He was a coworker of my brother, who recently retired from the WPD, and this has been one of the saddest weeks ever for my hometown. God, watch over his wife and 2 kids, his loved ones, and his brothers in blue.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The least the Bruins could do for the family of this heroic man taken far too soon. He was a coworker of my brother, who recently retired from the WPD, and this has been one of the saddest weeks ever for my hometown. God, watch over his wife and 2 kids, his loved ones, and his brothers in blue.

Makes me so angry when I read about the animal that shot him and that poor woman. He should never have been free

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Makes me so angry when I read about the animal that shot him and that poor woman. He should never have been free

I agree. But let's keep the politics out of this. This is about the gesture the Bruins are making. Hockey players and teams always seem to get this stuff right. Maybe because there are a lot of cops who play hockey. Kudos to the Bruins.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I live on the Abington/Weymouth line, work on Cape Cod, and have a lot of family involved in some facet of law enforcement, so both of the recent officer deaths have really hit home for me.

Just horrible.

In addition to the Bruins raffle, there's also a GoFundMe account set up by the Weymouth Officers Support Fund, which has more than tripled its initial fundraising goal of 10k.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Dropped off my check today. The memorial at the WPD is heartbreaking. Nearly every telephone pole in Weymouth is ringed in Blue and Black, and many, many businesses are putting up tributes to Sgt. Chesna and Vera Adams. A local barber shop is giving free haircuts to any officer. Whites Bakery, where Sgt. Chesna loved to buy half moon cookies, has baked hundreds of half moons with blue and black frosting, all sales of which go to the fund. It is stunning how hard this has hit my town.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Dropped off my check today. The memorial at the WPD is heartbreaking. Nearly every telephone pole in Weymouth is ringed in Blue and Black, and many, many businesses are putting up tributes to Sgt. Chesna and Vera Adams. A local barber shop is giving free haircuts to any officer. Whites Bakery, where Sgt. Chesna loved to buy half moon cookies, has baked hundreds of half moons with blue and black frosting, all sales of which go to the fund. It is stunning how hard this has hit my town.

And what is really sad is it takes something like this to get people together :(

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Reactions: CDJ, BMC and jgatie

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Good for the judge for sending them back so many times.
That and good on the jurors for putting frustrations aside and finally agreeing on a verdict. I do have concerns that jurors may be called to testify when this case is finally heard by the State Supreme Court (it is mandatory for all murder convictions). I am so happy for the families who finally have justice. I hope they give the jurors access to mental health services because it can really mess with you especially because you can't talk to anyone until it is over. Being a juror is one of the most draining things I have ever done and I'm not sure I want to ever do it again.

Reactions: CDJ, BMC and jgatie

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
That and good on the jurors for putting frustrations aside and finally agreeing on a verdict. I do have concerns that jurors may be called to testify when this case is finally heard by the State Supreme Court (it is mandatory for all murder convictions). I am so happy for the families who finally have justice. I hope they give the jurors access to mental health services because it can really mess with you especially because you can't talk to anyone until it is over. Being a juror is one of the most draining things I have ever done and I'm not sure I want to ever do it again.

You are a better person than me I threw away my summons which was the first one I ever got about a month ago pretty sure my bad behavior and incarcerations when I was younger disqualified me.

Such a sad story and he was such a great person just good to see some justice prevail in this situation. Just one of the good guys that would have helped any of us out if we were broken down on the side of the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad