Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
If Guenin and Benoit ask for more than 1.5 we need to cut ties. They are no better than 3rd pairing D, and with their (lack of) experience it isn't worth it.
We have Holden for 600k for another year if we want. Also Barrie, Bigras or Siemens will probably taste some action next season (at least Barrie if not traded) who won't have a cap over 1.5 mil.

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think Guenin will deservedly get around 1.2m if he keeps this level of play all year. That is double what he's making this year and he's not an offensive defenseman who tend to be paid higher.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Agreed. I said in one of these threads that I think he will be scratched within 5 games (before Carolina, so 4 now). I really think that will be the case. He looked terrible last night.

Funny how his play went downhill after Roy told him to find a place.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Even though guys like Benoit, Guenin, and Sarich do a few things well, there isn't enough room for all of them here. The defence will still need a major overhaul. For instance, who fits with Barrie? Pretty much only Hejda. If Hejda plays with Barrie, who jumps to the top line? No one. Personally, since Barrie is right handed and small, I'd let Benoit go and find a left handed, stay-at-home, third/second pairing defenceman. That way, Barrie will actually fit on this team, regardless of whether anyone bumps Hejda off the first pairing.

Something like this:
Hejda-EJ
Ericsson-Barrie
Bigras-Sarich

member 116861

He's already started slowing down.

Agreed. I said in one of these threads that I think he will be scratched within 5 games (before Carolina, so 4 now). I really think that will be the case. He looked terrible last night.

People made comments like this earlier in the season which were true because he did look like he was slowing down but after a few bad games he usually follows it up with a stretch of solid games.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Like I said in the old thread, a Benoit-Guenin 3rd pair would be very solid and effective for the role they'd play.

We just need to acquire two better, top-4 d-men to surpass them on the depth chart. Which shouldn't be too hard....right?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Like I said in the old thread, a Benoit-Guenin 3rd pair would be very solid and effective for the role they'd play.

We just need to acquire two better, top-4 d-men to surpass them on the depth chart. Which shouldn't be too hard....right?

Hejda - EJ
Ehrhoff - Schenn
Benoit - Guenin
Sarich

?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy did an interview on St. Louis radio today and said there are reasons why Stewart was traded, but he won't go into it. This came up when they asked about EJ's play.

Thought it was interesting.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The only thing I heard was on the radio--Terry Frei stated that the Avs were pissed that Stewart partied "a little too hard" during his recovery from that broken hand he suffered in a fight.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I worry that we will not see Barrie again this year except in LE...which disappoints me. I know he had a rough start but he never really got the chance to rebound from it with Wilson coming back...

Even IF Barrie comes back, I doubt he and Hejda get paired together as Hejda and EJ have been lights out together.

Everyone talks about Erhoff or Campbell... I dont know that we see help coming in this year on defense. I know we can hope....Im just not sure it happens.

Edit - Didnt know a whole lot about why Stewert was dealt, that story in interesting.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wasn't there some kind of altercation between Foote and Stewart? Or was that just BS? There were a lot of rumours floating around about Stewart after the trade.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Roy did an interview on St. Louis radio today and said there are reasons why Stewart was traded, but he won't go into it. This came up when they asked about EJ's play.

Thought it was interesting.

What did he say about EJ's play? Weird Roy would say something like that.

There has been so many Stewart rumours. Who knows what is true. He clearly did something management didn't like.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
What did he say about EJ's play? Weird Roy would say something like that.

There has been so many Stewart rumours. Who knows what is true. He clearly did something management didn't like.
He raved about his play. Said he's been outstanding and is playing with a lot of confidence.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Guys, we can't post things about players doing illegal things, when there is no proof. Rumors are not proof.

If Roy won't go into the reasons that Stewart was traded, we probably shouldn't either.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I know the Barrie love is strong, but there must be a reason Roy has chosen quite a few other guys over him. I'm glad he's getting ice time now in LE, but I'm not sold he's very high on Patrick's list.

Elliott, Barrie, and Benoit seem to be competing for the one RH PMD spot on the Avs for next year IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad