Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Eklund has apparently decided he enjoys making Leafs/Avs rumors now as well. This only makes things worse...

On the Leafs and Avs...

Were I to predict two team that will make a big deal before March 5th it would absolutely be these two. I can't go an hour without some source telling me, "They are setting things up." Or as one source hilariously stated, "It's an uncomfortable courtship, but it's working."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...and-Sense3-Blues-and-Miller-Isles-Ott/1/57185

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Leafs fan coming in peace.

What would you want (besides Reilly) for O'Reilly?

Here is what i would propose....

F.Gauthier
T.Biggs
J.Gardiner

for

O'Reilly
Hishon/Sgarbossa

Thoughts? I'd love to hear feedback and or suggestions.

Cheers

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

F.Gauthier
T.Biggs
J.Gardiner

for

O'Reilly
Hishon/Sgarbossa

Cheers

No.

It's been talked about to death on the Trade Board, if Reilly isn't being offered then talks don't get started for O'Reilly. It's as simple as that. The Avs are not actively looking to trade Ryan O'Reilly, so we Avs fans find these to be rather exhaustive exercise, especially considering that a number of proposals are typically "Quantity for Quality" type.

So again, if Reilly is not on the table, O'Reilly isn't on the table.

And it is our prerogative that since O'Reilly has achieved more and has improved year over year in the NHL, and is still only 22 years old, Reilly himself (at this stage in his career) wouldn't be enough

Last edited:

Gaks*

F.Gauthier
T.Biggs
J.Gardiner

for

O'Reilly
Hishon/Sgarbossa

Cheers

No to giving away Hish or Boss.

Gauthier isn't exactly a skilled big man. But he is terrific defensively. I see him as Hanzal-lite. But he won't be any good for another 5 years minimum.

This is funny because. I played with Ty for 5 years growing up before he went to US development. Unfortunately he's shown nothing in the A to be worth more than a 3rd imo. Doesn't help make that deal work to anyone besides maybe myself lol.

I'd love Reilly for ROR. I can't see any quantity for ROR trade working out... sorry dude.

Reilly + Biggsy :)

O' Reilly

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

F.Gauthier
T.Biggs
J.Gardiner

for

O'Reilly
Hishon/Sgarbossa

Cheers

How about:
Reilly
Kessel

for

Guenin
Carey
Holden

Kidding...

Clearly you missed the part about ROR not being moved, and they're going to start negotiating this summer.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary

F.Gauthier
T.Biggs
J.Gardiner

for

O'Reilly
Hishon/Sgarbossa

Cheers

Give it a rest man. I've never seen someone overvalue their teams players like you do. If the proposal doesnt start with Rielly, we ARE NOT interested.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Usually other fanbases come here to try and vulture O'Reilly after a tough loss. After a huge win in which O'Reilly scored? Fantastic timing, dude. But we all know Leafs fans don't watch Avs games.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
Avs need to trade for some d ASAP. Doesn't have to be elite guys but the injuries are piling up and we some depth to get us to the olympic break.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Avs need to trade for some d ASAP. Doesn't have to be elite guys but the injuries are piling up and we some depth to get us to the olympic break.

We have 8 defenseman up in the NHL, plus Elliott, Stollery, Siemens. Regardless of our injury situation. We can't really afford to take on more contracts at defense.

J-Dog

Mar 2, 2007
Ottawa
Sens fan coming in peace. I know the O'Reilly offers are pretty bad most of the time but here is my attempt. Would you guys be interested in Spezza + a solid D prospect for O'Reilly?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sens fan coming in peace. I know the O'Reilly offers are pretty bad most of the time but here is my attempt. Would you guys be interested in Spezza + a solid D prospect for O'Reilly?

Too old for our core to be honest. I personally wouldn't do it.

Edit... and honestly I think most Avs fans, myself included, are tired of pretty much all O'Reilly proposals. We have zero interest in trading him at all.

I don't think I've seen a single proposal I'd take at this point.

Last edited:

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm

It's a fair offer in terms of value.

But it doesn't suit us to get a center back with Duchene, Stastny and MacKinnon down the middle, even if ROR is a winger for life now. The balance we have in our young forward core with MacKinnon and Duchene with almost unlimited offensive potential and amazing two-way players in Landeskog and ROR is too valuable to give up for a player we dont really need. IF you could offer us a top 2 defenseman on the other hand..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad