Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Has there been any other news on a potential Zajac buyout? I'd be very pumped if we could land him to be our 3c.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Has there been any other news on a potential Zajac buyout? I'd be very pumped if we could land him to be our 3c.

That is funny because all that Montreal trade talk has me wanting Eller now as our 3C enough that I forgot to keep looking at the buyout possibilities and other cap maneuvers that are going to happen soon.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That is funny because all that Montreal trade talk has me wanting Eller now as our 3C enough that I forgot to keep looking at the buyout possibilities and other cap maneuvers that are going to happen soon.

Yup. I really don't see a reason for them to buy Zajac out this year but if they do he would be a perfect fit for our 3rd line. He's a Roy player too.

Just read on twitter that Zajac has listed his house for sale in Jersey. Probably just moving up the street but there's a little hope :laugh:

Matheus

Jan 22, 2015
Rio Grande Do Sul
Zajac- max 3M for 3 yr i would like...
Oduya - i don't mind pay him stuart money(3.6M for 4 yr)

About ROR for Merrill + 6th i would love but i dont think its possible..

Do you guys think that ROR can land us a top 10 pick this year ?? or something like 11 to 20 +?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Zajac- max 3M for 3 yr i would like...
Oduya - i don't mind pay him stuart money(3.6M for 4 yr)

About ROR for Merrill + 6th i would love but i dont think its possible..

Do you guys think that ROR can land us a top 10 pick this year ?? or something like 11 to 20 +?

I think ROR + small piece like Redmond could net us #19 + Mantha + Smith if Detroit decides to start preparing for Dats and Zetts exit now, or #18 + Wiercioch/Cowen + good young fwd if Ottawa wants to start spending money

but with all ROR trades, I think the Avs will need to attach a 2017 conditional pick in case ROR doesn't re-sign to get that kind of value

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I think ROR + small piece like Redmond could net us #19 + Mantha + Smith if Detroit decides to start preparing for Dats and Zetts exit now, or #18 + Wiercioch/Cowen + good young fwd if Ottawa wants to start spending money

but with all ROR trades, I think the Avs will need to attach a 2017 conditional pick in case ROR doesn't re-sign to get that kind of value

Not sold on Mantha especially with how down on him Detroit is at the moment. Think he is a boom or bust prospect and his stock is trending down. Could be a case of buy low but if we have to see O'Reilly in a Red Wings jersey for the next decade, it better hurt them to make that deal and frankly Mantha and Smith are expendable pieces even if overall that deal offer plenty of value. Smith is not attractive as the type of defensive return either...if O'Reilly can't net a really good young defenseman then I'd rather grab a truly dependable guy like Hamhuis who can be a huge help right now...along with maybe a pick or prospect for the future.

Frankly I'd rather have DeKeyser by himself than #19+Mantha+Smith...although Detroit will not deal him. I feel like we need to target one key asset as opposed to a three-part package of "maybes". Perhaps with O'Reilly's contract situation that is going to be hard to do but I would exhaust those possibilities first.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Not sold on Mantha especially with how down on him Detroit is at the moment. Think he is a boom or bust prospect and his stock is trending down. Could be a case of buy low but if we have to see O'Reilly in a Red Wings jersey for the next decade, it better hurt them to make that deal and frankly Mantha and Smith are expendable pieces even if overall that deal offer plenty of value. Smith is not attractive as the type of defensive return either...if O'Reilly can't net a really good young defenseman then I'd rather grab a truly dependable guy like Hamhuis who can be a huge help right now...along with maybe a pick or prospect for the future.

Frankly I'd rather have DeKeyser by himself than #19+Mantha+Smith...although Detroit will not deal him. I feel like we need to target one key asset as opposed to a three-part package of "maybes". Perhaps with O'Reilly's contract situation that is going to be hard to do but I would exhaust those possibilities first.

Would they do that straight across for ROR? I'd love DeKeyser on this team.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
The dream(mine anyways) is O'Money+small pieces(butcher/hishon/etc) to New Jersey for the 6th pick or Philly for the 7th pick. Provorov at 6/7 and Crouse/Zacha at 10. I'd be so happy if that happened.

Matheus

Jan 22, 2015
Rio Grande Do Sul
if this Detroit trade for Mantha + 19 happen i guess its more likely the 19th guy will be the most valuable than mantha... (Svechnikov if i need to choose)

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I'd like to pursue Zadorov + 1st + prospect
If that doesn't fly, Zadorov + 1st
If that still doesn't fly, Zadorov + prospect
If all else fails, Zadorov

We need to get a good-great defender out of this. Even if it looks like we got taken to the cleaners.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Would they do that straight across for ROR? I'd love DeKeyser on this team.

No they won't, just trying to illustrate my point.

I am warming on grabbing a guy like Hamhuis (or somebody similar) as the key piece if O'Reilly's trade value is falling out of the range that can net us a true blue chip asset. I'd much rather explore the likes of Hamhuis than settle for the likes of Brenden Smith, Wierioch, Cowen, Gardiner or Martinez as a key. I'd gladly trade age for somebody who we know is going to be a big time help for the next 2-3 years. A guy like Hamhuis - you know is going to make a huge improvement on the blueline, he's going to be a calming presence and he's going to be a great example for the likes of Barrie, Bigras, Geertsen, etc. Some of these other names...yeah, they are young(er) and yeah they have "potential" but they all have holes in their games.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
TFP "reporting" Sekera wants $4.5 million annually. Is that it?

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA

I'd offer him $5.5 x 5 July 1st and not blink an eye. Considering the market cost of veteran (in many cases, much older than the 29 Sekera is) UFA defensemen - that is still an underpayment.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
If the avs can do something like ror for zadorov, 21, and prospect (like bailey/baptiste) I think they could really use that 21 and a prospect/future year draft picks, to move up and draft someone like svechnikov (can’t spell) On another note twitter is reporting that Oilers are going Hard after Talbot, I wonder if him setting the bar would maybe make a market for someone like Pickard. I really like pickard and I don’t want to lose him but I don’t see all the fuss about Talbot (not pickard). He put up worse save percentage, better win/gaa on a much better team than Pickard did and is older. If I was Edmonton I would rather have the guy that has followed a decent career trajectory and is used to getting shelled every night than an older guy playing on a perennial cup contender.

Granted I would be looking harder at Jones than any other backup in the league.

Last edited:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
If the avs can do something like ror for zadorov, 21, and prospect (like bailey/baptiste) I think they could really use that 21 and a prospect/future year draft picks, to move up and draft someone like svechnikov (can’t spell) On another note twitter is reporting that Oilers are going Hard after Talbot, I wonder if him setting the bar would maybe make a market for someone like Pickard. I really like pickard and I don’t want to lose him but I don’t see all the fuss about pickard. He put up worse save percentage, better win/gaa on a much better team than Pickard did and is older. If I was Edmonton I would rather have the guy that has followed a decent career trajectory and is used to getting shelled every night than an older guy playing on a perennial cup contender.

Granted I would be looking harder at Jones than any other backup in the league.

Don't get all the fuss? Look at the way he played and numbers he posted on a team like the Avs with 4 AHL level d-men playing on the team for over half the year.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

IMO he's approaching UFA the correct way, and the way most players don't.

He's going to end up getting more teams interested throwing that number out initially than he would if teams were think he wants 5+.

It creates a bigger buzz and more teams upping offers as well.

Some players in the past have set their sights way to high and end up getting paid less.

The most drastic example has to be Martin Biron back in the day. UFA goaltending was terrible that year, and he thought he could get over 5 million. He out priced the market and ended up signing as a backup for less than he made before.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Don't get all the fuss? Look at the way he played and numbers he posted on a team like the Avs with 4 AHL level d-men playing on the team for over half the year.

He appeared/played in a total of 16 games last year...that's a far cry from "half the year" (not sure if I misinterpreted what you put--sounds like you're saying he played well for over half the year).

At this point, all he's done is shown that he is a worthwhile prospect, he has little-to-no-trade value, and is worth more on the Avs than with another team. However, if another team demanded he be part of a deal to get a better trade return for O'Reilly, I'm not blinking twice before putting him in.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'd like to pursue Zadorov + 1st + prospect
If that doesn't fly, Zadorov + 1st
If that still doesn't fly, Zadorov + prospect
If all else fails, Zadorov

We need to get a good-great defender out of this.

I wouldn't count on it.

I think for that to happen, O'R would have to agree to a contract extension. And I still see almost zero reason for him to do that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Oduya is one of Landy's training buddies. Maybe he's the one who suggested :sarcasm:

I don't know why there are a lot of suggestions to get a higher pick in the draft. I'm not entirely convinced they'd even take defense in that scenario. I'd rather pick up an additional first and then we could end up with something like Zacha and Zboril, I like that better than just Provorov.

Talbot and all the other goalies bantered about have 50+ NHL games on their resume. Pickard has 16, he's not going to be seen in that same vein. When he gets to 50 then maybe we can judge his trade value. I know most of you don't care about the AHL team winning but getting rid of Pickard is a huge detriment to that. If he's the piece that has to be included then fine it's not like he's untouchable but otherwise he's not a trade chip or a sweetener, we need a decent goalie prospect that not a rookie.

Last edited:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
He appeared/played in a total of 16 games last year...that's a far cry from "half the year" (not sure if I misinterpreted what you put--sounds like you're saying he played well for over half the year).

At this point, all he's done is shown that he is a worthwhile prospect, he has little-to-no-trade value, and is worth more on the Avs than with another team. However, if another team demanded he be part of a deal to get a better trade return for O'Reilly, I'm not blinking twice before putting him in.

Martin Jones appeared in nearly the same number of games. You did slightly misinterpret it. I was saying the Avs were playing over half the year without EJ essentially, and 3-4 d-men that are more than likely AHL caliber players than NHL ones. I'm aware he didn't play half the year.

I do however agree with your second paragraph until you mention you wouldn't let him go as easily. Mostly because what other goalie do we have in the system that can step into the NHL and win games? Berra can barely do that. :laugh: Like you said, he's more valued to the Avs than the rest of the league.

Last edited:

mikem81

May 27, 2015
Zboril is a great idea but if we do make a trade with lets say leafs or sabres will he still be available at 21/24? Trading up to get provorov sounds good and all but the two teams who may have interest (Carolina/Toronto) are so high up that Hanifin/Marner/strome will still be available, I like Provorov but not in the 3/4 spot. 5-10 would be fine.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Zboril is a great idea but if we do make a trade with lets say leafs or sabres will he still be available at 21/24? Trading up to get provorov sounds good and all but the two teams who may have interest (Carolina/Toronto) are so high up that Hanifin/Marner/strome will still be available, I like Provorov but not in the 3/4 spot. 5-10 would be fine.

Maybe not Zboril specifically but there will be a good one left in that range. Chabot, Jeremy Roy are two others I'd like. They could all be though, there's a lot of good players in the 20 range that teams have to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad