Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Difference is that Ribeiro is all offense and no defence, which we dont need. And i'm not so keen on him being sacked by Coyotes based on behaviour issues.

Still rather take a chance with MDZ.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Difference is that Ribeiro is all offense and no defence, which we dont need. And i'm not so keen on him being sacked by Coyotes based on behaviour issues.

Still rather take a chance with MDZ.

If an injury arose, Colorado could certainly use him. Even without one, he brings so, so, so much more than Cody McLeod/Patrick Bordeleau, Marc-Andre Cliche.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
If an injury arose, Colorado could certainly use him. Even without one, he brings so, so, so much more than Cody McLeod/Patrick Bordeleau, Marc-Andre Cliche.

That's debatable.

Ribeiro has had off ice issues that Maloney noted. I would rather sign Heater.

No honestly, I would. Ribeiro is a dink.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We are talking about a player who was in the same conversation as Paul Stastny just 1-2 seasons ago

We are also talking about the same player that was bought out by a dirt poor team with no offense. They gave him 10M not to play.

Again. They have no money. They have no offense. They gave him 10M to not play.

Just let that sink in.

We're not talking about someone with small off ice issues here. We're not even talking about someone with drug issues (these are usually sent to rehab and covered). We're talking about someone with major problems. Do you really want him to sit next to Mack and Landy in the locker room?

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The issues Ribeiro had last year ranged from being disrespectful to the coach and teammates, missing meetings, missing team buses and were serious enough for a team without money to spend a lot of millions of dollars to keep him away from the team. It's possible he's just a ********* but it's also possible there might be some issues we're not allowed to speculate on because it might break this sites libel rules.

The guy's a cancer and who cares if he can pass the puck.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The guy's a cancer and who cares if he can pass the puck.

Roy wouldn't tolerate a guy like that in the locker room anyway. He's all about partnership and all that stuff and Ribs would likely be sitting there laughing at him. No, he's bringing in vets with good influence for the kids and that would be a bit counter-productive, to say the least.

0 chance that he plays here.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate 13s
Panthers sign Greg Zanon to a one year deal. Played with the Rampage last year in the AHL

He is alive!

And the Avs are still paying him more than the Panthers are this coming season :sarcasm:

ROR + Barrie for Trouba + Kane.

Upgrade on D, downgrade on wing, washout on difficulty :sarcasm:

ROR + McLeod + Hejda + Wilson + Elliot + Pickard for Kane + Enstrom :naughty:

Kane - Duchene - Iginla
Landeskog - Mackinnon - Tanguay
McGinn - Mitchell - Briere
Bordeleau - Winchester - Talbot
Cliché

Stuart - Johnson
Enstrom - Barrie
Holden - Guenin
Noreau - Redmond

Varlamov
Berra

Clears up the d log jam, about 2 million under the cap, and only Stuart and Briere needing contracts beyond 2014/2015.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
Comment on Avs-Pitt proposal on trade board:

I'd hate to see a deal around Maatta for O'Reilly. Maatta is a promising young defensemen, but a lot of people would pencil him in with EJ and he's not there yet. He's a number 4 right now and I might be wrong but I feel like a lot of his hype is about which team he plays for.

Also Sutter is a below average 3rd line center right now. He was not a good player last season, not that his linemates helped him but he didn't produce what a good 3rd line center should.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
BsEsnVRCYAIHEge.png

comparables for evander kane and what they were traded for.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
BsEsnVRCYAIHEge.png

comparables for evander kane and what they were traded for.

Well he's for sure not better than Kovy or Nash were nor will he ever be. If the price of acquisition drops after next year I wouldn't mind seeing him in an Avs sweater. Right now it's probably EK+ for ROR, but hopefully it can get to McPing+ for EK.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
The only news we've gotten is from Joe Sakic saying that he hasn't talked with Newport regarding O'Reilly since they filed for Team Elected Arbitration. The theory that's been floated around here is that it's possible that Newport was waiting until after the Offer Sheet window to begin negotiations in earnest.

I don't think any real/hard negotiating has been done up to this point, aside from maybe both sides tossing out a "rough first offer" and we all know that in negotiations the first offer is hardly the best offer.

I still fully anticipate him being signed, and long term, to a deal before the Arbitration hearing and the people who are spouting off "Trade his greedy ass!" will have to be doing some serious "crow eating" because he'll continue to get better and better (as he's done the last 3 seasons)

I don't know about any articles, but talks were supposed to start soon, but it's quiet right now, and will probably stay that way up to the arbitration hearing sometime later this month.

I had a feeling this would be the case. Like prob 29 other teams would of loved it if COL was to try and move him but with Stats gone I figured it seemed clear they were keeping him around.

In any case hope he does not kill you guys in terms of cap hit. Hate to see a team with a bright future be killed due to poor cap management.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I had a feeling this would be the case. Like prob 29 other teams would of loved it if COL was to try and move him but with Stats gone I figured it seemed clear they were keeping him around.

In any case hope he does not kill you guys in terms of cap hit. Hate to see a team with a bright future be killed due to poor cap management.

Poor cap management?? :shakehead

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Avs are fine with the cap.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I wonder which one of our pro scouts who stood up and said "I like that Zanon guy" before free agency. I imagine he lost some credibility now.

Zanon at 600k would have been fine, it was his ridiculous contract that was the problem.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Don't believe random poster in the O'Reilly to Calgary thread, but...

Hearing: Giordano + Baertschi + 1st(2015) for ROR +

That would be quite the haul if it were actually true, assuming the + isn't anything more than a 2nd or Elliot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad