In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
BTW Toronto fans start EJ to Toronto thread. Looks like they want almost everybody on our roster.

Just tell them to change allegiance , making trades for everyone on our roster is a pain in the ass . The easier way is for them is to come out of the dark side . :sarcasm:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
From Mack's thread:

Here are some of the players who might be interesting.

Vanek, Thomas » L MTL 30 $7,142,857
Cammalleri, Mike » L CGY 31 $6,000,000
Iginla, Jarome » R BOS 36 $6,000,000
Hemsky, Ales » R OTT 30 $5,000,000
Gionta, Brian » R MTL 35 $5,000,000
Moulson, Matt » L MIN 30 $3,133,333
Vrbata, Radim » R PHX 32 $3,000,000
Ott, Steve » C STL 31 $2,950,000
Kulemin, Nikolai » R TOR 27 $2,800,000
Downie, Steve » R PHI 27 $2,650,000
Stempniak, Lee » R PIT 31 $2,500,000
Moss, David » R PHX 32 $2,100,000
Penner, Dustin » L WAS 31 $2,000,000
Winnik, Daniel » L ANA 29 $1,800,000
Goc, Marcel » C PIT 30 $1,700,000
Boyle, Brian » C NYR 29 $1,700,000
McClement, Jay C TOR 31 $1,500,000
Pouliot, Benoit » L NYR 27 $1,300,000

Radulov. Duh. ;)

I wouldn't be against that :)

However it looks like he's moving to SKA. Speaking of Russian KHLers I hope they go after Malyikhin, he's got potential to be a good NHLer in the future and I really hope he doesn't end up in Detroit.

I wouldn't mind a guy like Gionta (if the Habs decide to move on), very good defensively, knows his role and can chip in 20 goals, but I doubt he'd want to play on the 3rd line. Kulemin, Winnik and Silent Jay would be nice additions. Wasn't it said that they could be going after Komarov?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Roy wants to get bigger. So I would guess we get one large forward.

Kulemin would be so perfect... I'm glad Pit does not have much cap room. Which should actually give us a chance at him.

Big body version of Talbot, but with a better shot. I've seen stuff written about how hes been used since his 30 goal season. He gets zero power play time, and plays with less offensive players.

In Roy's system even the defensive players have the opportunity to contribute offensively. I wouldn't be surprised if Kulemin was a more consistent 20 goal scorer in a more offensive system.

6'1 225lbs, hits, plays well on both side of the puck, well under 30 (@ 27), and can play both wings. He also shouldn't break the bank at around 3.5M

The only other guy I'd really want is Callahan, giving him 6M would suck later in his contract, but if we traded PA (4M) that would make it quite a bit easier.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Dump PAP, sign Kulemin.

You almost have to wonder if PAP has lost all the trade value he might have had. I don't know how much credit GM's will give to his knee affecting him, nor should they really. He's just totally floating out there, and making very slow decisions.

I don't think they'll be able to get much for him, but I don't see how they can go into next season with him either. If Staz comes back, Mack has to stay on his wing, and that leaves one of Tanguay or McGinn to play with Dutchy and O'Reilly, both of which are better options than PAP.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
You guys are exaggerating so much over Parenteau.

He was lazy last year too. That's just who he is. He isn't scoring as many points cause he isn't playing as many minutes and not as many minutes with Duchene.

Lost all trade value he might have had? If we can shop him for a top 4 D? Do it. But he is a great guy to keep around for 4.0M per season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You guys are exaggerating so much over Parenteau.

He was lazy last year too. That's just who he is. He isn't scoring as many points cause he isn't playing as many minutes and not as many minutes with Duchene.

Lost all trade value he might have had? If we can shop him for a top 4 D? Do it. But he is a great guy to keep around for 4.0M per season.

Can't disagree more. Last year he made good quick, smart decisions with the puck, and made accurate passes. Pretty much all year, pre injury, and post injury he's made crap decisions, and crap passes the majority of the time. Sacco didn't have the team playing an up temp style, or could get the rest of the team to battle hard in the neutral and defensive zone, so his floating didn't stand out as much in comparison.

The floating may be about the same, but he was putting up points, and contributing offensively leading the team. This year he's contributing pretty much nothing.

Him not playing with Duchene isn't the answer. He has played with him this year, and still looked like crap. McGinn has clearly been a better fit on Duchene's wing.

I'm not sure how many GM's would be willing to part with a decent top four D man after seeing him this year. I hope they do, but they'll have to be pretty desperate. I'm doubtful they can get the kind of impact D they need with him as the main piece.

What has he contributed this year to make you think he's a great guy to keep around at $4M? Where do you play him? The 3rd line with Mitchell?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Can't disagree more. Last year he made good quick, smart decisions with the puck, and made accurate passes. Pretty much all year, pre injury, and post injury he's made crap decisions, and crap passes the majority of the time. Sacco didn't have the team playing an up temp style, or could get the rest of the team to battle hard in the neutral and defensive zone, so his floating didn't stand out as much in comparison.

The floating may be about the same, but he was putting up points, and contributing offensively leading the team. This year he's contributing pretty much nothing.

Him not playing with Duchene isn't the answer. He has played with him this year, and still looked like crap. McGinn has clearly been a better fit on Duchene's wing.

I'm not sure how many GM's would be willing to part with a decent top four D man after seeing him this year. I hope they do, but they'll have to be pretty desperate. I'm doubtful they can get the kind of impact D they need with him as the main piece.

What has he contributed this year to make you think he's a great guy to keep around at $4M? Where do you play him? The 3rd line with Mitchell?

Our best chance will be to a team that has a hard time signing free-agents and keeping their players. NYI, OTT, FLA, Phoenix IMO. (Although Phoenix is getting better at that)

Luckily... those teams have defense that fit our needs. (Not so much on NYI though)

Look at Ottawa, they are loving Hemsky but pretty much have zero chance of keeping him. PA's cheap cap hit/contract term and history should help when marketing him to those teams.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Our best chance will be to a team that has a hard time signing free-agents and keeping their players. NYI, OTT, FLA, Phoenix IMO. (Although Phoenix is getting better at that)

Luckily... those teams have defense that fit our needs. (Not so much on NYI though)

Look at Ottawa, they are loving Hemsky but pretty much have zero chance of keeping him. PA's cheap cap hit/contract term and history should help when marketing him to those teams.

I think Florida would be an ideal location for PAP. Not too much pressure and out of the bright lights. Not to mention Tallon is looking for a scorer next to their young guns. PAP has done well with this kind of jobs before with Tavares and Dutchy. I think Parenteau would have a good chance at getting back into the form we saw him last year.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think Florida would be an ideal location for PAP. Not too much pressure and out of the bright lights. Not to mention Tallon is looking for a scorer next to their young guns. PAP has done well with this kind of jobs before with Tavares and Dutchy. I think Parenteau would have a good chance at getting back into the form we saw him last year.

Yeah, and it's not like he has any character flaws. Which only makes me feel worse about wanting him traded.

I've really kind of clung to the idea that his injuries have really killed his season, but looking forward. I see much more of a use for a guy like Kulemin or Callahan (Even at 6M) than for PA. Especially with the way the team plays, and the high end offense we already have.

The difference between Callahan and PA would be 2M, I'd deal with that all day long.

What we don't need is another 'offense first' type winger. Not that I think Callahan is that realistic, but we're talking about our hopes and wishes going forward.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Dump PAP, sign Kulemin.

I endorse this statement. Even if we have to pay Kulemin up to 4M I won't complain. He's exactly the type of player Roy would love to have: solid in his own end, capable of slotting in to the top-6 and providing offense if needed, physical and can PK.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Would be great if they could revisit the supposed talks about Kulikov but I guess that's a long shot even if we add.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Parenteau was playing really well before his injury, but this has been an up-and-down season.

I think his outlook is tied to Stastny/O'Reilly. If the Avalanche retain both players it's hard to see them not shopping Parenteau given that Colorado will have both Alex Tanguay and Jamie McGinn as possible fits next to O'Reilly & Duchene.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Callahan is very much a Roy type player, but may be over pricing himself. I think he'd be great next to Tangs-MacK or Lando-Staz.

Been trying to watch Nikitin more during these playoffs but did not see much regular season work of his. Led the defense in +/- this year, but lower minutes than previous years. Seems like a very Hejda-esque type player that may not be too pricey a FA target.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Callahan is very much a Roy type player, but may be over pricing himself. I think he'd be great next to Tangs-MacK or Lando-Staz.

Been trying to watch Nikitin more during these playoffs but did not see much regular season work of his. Led the defense in +/- this year, but lower minutes than previous years. Seems like a very Hejda-esque type player that may not be too pricey a FA target.

At this point would we really ever want to break up Landy, Staz, and Mack? Just swap Staz and Mack from wing to center when it feels necessary and let that line keep its chemistry. I guarantee that Duchene will be back with ROR immediately.

The only thing that worries me is will Tangs have chemistry with ROR and Duchene. Otherwise Im definitely okay trading PAP for D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad