Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Plz continue here , since the old thread was over a 1000 posts:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1589161

In the last Thread :

Marc Bergevin called Sakic and wanted PAP ... Hmm , No it's Sakic who called Bergevin and they Wanted Bourque . Bergevin didnt want PAP but wanted Mcping .

The scout from MTL who was there watching the Avs for like 20 games was looking at Statsny , back when the Avs were thinking about trading him , but the scout left when the Avs told the Habs , no way we're keeping him .

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
adater ‏@adater 13s
Joe Sakic said he wouldn't comment on recent trade rumors

Phily Daily News says that Wilson is on the block (stating the obvious).

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I want to take this time to congratulate the Avs board for reaching trade thread L. You all deserve the up most respect, especially you, Leafs fans.

Heres to another strong 50,000 posts.

Oh, and trade PAP.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Every fan base wants to throw rentals on Avs. Avs are still in a rebuild and they're not one-two-three Orpiks/Callahans from making it out of the West.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Every fan base wants to throw rentals on Avs. Avs are still in a rebuild and they're not one-two-three Orpiks/Callahans from making it out of the West.

I don't know, we are in that weird awkward faze between re-build and competition. It's pretty clear to see that the "core" of this team is in place.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I actually disagree, 3 could do it... if we got Orpik, Girardi, and Callahan and only gave up PAP, Barrie, and McGinn off the roster, I think the Avs could compete this year. Now they don't have nearly enough assets to get all 3 so it is a pipedream, but this lineup could win a cup:

ROR-Duchene-Tanguay
Landy-Stastny-Talbot
Mitchell-MacKinnon-Callahan
McLeod-Cliche-Bordy

Hejda-EJ
Orpik-Girardi
Benoit-Guenin

Varly

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009

Im hoping if the Avs make a deal for a pending ufa (say Girardi) its because they've done their due diligence and know they'll have a very good chance at re-signing them. (Perhaps by gaining permission to talk to the players agent).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The only thing I can think of regarding this whole PAP thing is maybe they're waiting on two different potential trades. They both involved PAP but heavily favor one over the other, and are trying to get that team to cave.

Not sure why PA would be upset about anything though. These rumors with him happened about the same time, if not after Roy decided to rest him the other night. Would seem awful strange for him to be so upset about that anyway. They just did a very similar thing with Tanguay.

It's odd, but if it is in fact just to give him rest, I'm sure Patrick would have had a good talk with him, and he'd understand it. I can't really understand why PA would ask for a trade so soon, and if he asked for it earlier in the season, I can't really understand that either because everyone seems to love playing for Patrick.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Roy said in the presser that the team is playing so well that he didn't want to take one of them out for PAP, different people involved before, but we heard the same thing with Quincey when he came back from injury and was later traded.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Pap's agent Allan Walsh is off tweeting a bunch of Pap goals. Trying to sell his client. Something is going down. I don't like it but something is definitely going down...

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Whatever happens, I hope it's quick, like tonight or tomorrow. I don't want to see a month long drama filled mess like the Rangers did with MDZ. Especially if that month long drama ends with accepting a meh return for him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Roy said in the presser that the team is playing so well that he didn't want to take one of them out for PAP, different people involved before, but we heard the same thing with Quincey when he came back from injury and was later traded.

Except that reason doesn't make any sense. They had just won 4 straight when they put him back in the lineup against the Leafs last week.

Then they lost to the Lightning and put Tanguay back in after being 4-1 in the last five games.

Then they won in FLA with PAP and Tanguay in the lineup, and lose in TB with PAP and without Tanguay whom they rested. So Roy scratches PAP, and dresses Tanguay even though they're still 5-2 in their last 7 games.

They win in a close game in Dallas where Varly had to make 41 saves, and PA is scratched again for a second game.

I'm not exactly sure what the reason is for why PA is scratched, but I'm almost positive it's not to keep the lineup the same because it's winning. They wouldn't have brought PA back last week if that were the case. The fact that Roy is using that as a reason, is now making the idea of just resting his knee seem like it's not the case either, because they'd just say that.

There has been so much smoke around the Avs in the last week or so involving trade rumors, and now this weirdness with PA. You have to think this has to do with a potential trade.

Last edited:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Except that reason doesn't make any sense. They had just won 4 straight when they put him back in the lineup against the Leafs last week.

Then they lost to the Lightning and put Tanguay back in after being 4-1 in the last five games.

Then they won in FLA with PAP and Tanguay in the lineup, and Roy scratched PA for the next game against Dallas even though they're .

They win in a close game in Dallas where Varly had to make 41 saves, and PA is scratched again for a second game.

I'm not exactly sure what the reason is for why PA is scratched, but I'm almost positive it's not to keep the lineup the same because it's winning. They wouldn't have brought PA back last week if that were the case. The fact that Roy is using that as a reason, is now making the idea of just resting his knee seem like it's not the case either, because they'd just say that.

There has been so much smoke around the Avs in the last week or so involving trade rumors, and now this weirdness with PA. You have to think this has to do with a potential trade.

PA was scratched after the Bolts game, not after the Florida game which was before we played the Bolts.

EDIT:I see you changed your post a bit.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Whatever happens, I hope it's quick, like tonight or tomorrow. I don't want to see a month long drama filled mess like the Rangers did with MDZ. Especially if that month long drama ends with accepting a meh return for him.

Me too, just rip the band-aid off. Won't be a month through. Olympic freeze is on the 7th. Either it gets done by then or it won't. They can't just sit PAP for two weeks either.

I just want to get someone back to be excited about. I don't want to stress over another damn UFA or keep worrying about other deals that might go down. Make a trade to get a future piece of the D in place and I'll be happy. I don't like trades just to make trades or for temporary solutions.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pap and our second for Gorges and Ott, montreal send buffalo a second to balance it all out and everybody's happy. Buffalo keeps stockpiling picks for their FAs, Montreal gets an upgrade on the wing and we get a barrie partner with a replacement top9er who may walk as a FA, btu will give us good vet grittiness for the playoffs. And with Hejda, Gorges, Sarich, Tanguay, Talbot, Ott and Giggy on the team that's a strong veteran group for the young leaders and other kids to lean on come play off time, and a really good roster:

O'Reilly - Duchene - Ott
Landy - Staz - Tangers
McGinn - MacK - Talbot
Bordy/Highlander - Malkin - Malone/Cliche

Hejda - EJ
Gorges - Barrie
Benoit - Guenin/Sarich

Varly

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Very interesting post over on MHH by one of their editors A.J. Haefele:

Case in point, a few years back I had it gooooood (and have since verified with others that this happened) that the Avalanche were getting ready to trade David Jones for Jason Garrison straight up. The teams had agreed on the deal but the Avs were nervous about Garrison’s potential contract demands so they got permission from the Panthers to speak to his agent. Upon hearing what kind of contract he was seeking, the Avs balked and the deal fell apart. I had the story written for MHH and it would’ve been this site’s first true breaking news that we had ahead of everyone else. Had I published it, it would’ve destroyed whatever credibility we had at the time. I sat on the story for four days, backed up my information best I could, and ultimately had to walk away. Two years later, I’m still thrilled I waited out the story instead of making an ass of myself.

http://www.milehighhockey.com/2014/...real-canadiens-were-after-jamie-mcginn-of-the

What could have been, although I'm very glad we turned Jones into Tanguay and Sarich.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I can see it now. Avs trade away PAP and mcginn to solidify defence. The defence still doesn't pan out like we'd hoped and then we have terrible defence and no offensive depth either.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Pap and our second for Gorges and Ott, montreal send buffalo a second to balance it all out and everybody's happy. Buffalo keeps stockpiling picks for their FAs, Montreal gets an upgrade on the wing and we get a barrie partner with a replacement top9er who may walk as a FA, btu will give us good vet grittiness for the playoffs. And with Hejda, Gorges, Sarich, Tanguay, Talbot, Ott and Giggy on the team that's a strong veteran group for the young leaders and other kids to lean on come play off time, and a really good roster:

O'Reilly - Duchene - Ott
Landy - Staz - Tangers
McGinn - MacK - Talbot
Bordy/Highlander - Malkin - Malone/Cliche

Hejda - EJ
Gorges - Barrie
Benoit - Guenin/Sarich

Varly
In what world does having a 10G 30P guy as our top RW make sense?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
PA was scratched after the Bolts game, not after the Florida game which was before we played the Bolts.

EDIT:I see you changed your post a bit.

Yea I caught that too, thanks. Either way, previous decisions kind of contradict this line of reasoning to keep PA out because he likes the way the team is playing.

Sounds like he wants these lines for the next game.

O'Reilly-Dutchy-McGinn
Landy-Staz-Tanguay
Mitchell-Mack-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Bordy

Nate needs a playmaker to get the best out of him anyway, and Mtichell never wants to give the puck away. Why does he need to play with Nate? Either Mitchell or Talbot could shift to the 4th line, and it would be better for Nate and the team.

I don't blame him for not being truthful if he's trying to trade him, but I don't think his reason makes much sense. The "he'll help us soon" comment seemed a little strange though.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I can see it now. Avs trade away PAP and mcginn to solidify defence. The defence still doesn't pan out like we'd hoped and then we have terrible defence and no offensive depth either.

But at least we can say we tried. I can't see us surviving too long in the playoffs with Holden getting 18+ minutes a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad