GDT: In Process Coyote Ugly (ARI@EDM/7:30MST/SNW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
my vid

ARI @ EDM

Game Time: 7:30pm MST
Television: Sportsnet West
Radio: 630 Ched
gdt.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2012
:handclap:

The worst part is the end, where it says To Be Continued....:cry:

If there ever was a must win, it is vs Arizona Monday night.

Jul 19, 2012
i think the must win was 5 games ago....instead they lost 4 straight. ;)

The sad thing is the St Louis game is being framed as a "good game" for the Oilers. Outshot 41-16 and completely outmatched and outplayed in 2 of 3 periods. That my friends, is what now constitutes a "good game" by our Oilers.

We play Arizona twice in 8 games. Otherwise its San Jose twice, Anaheim twice, the Rangers who just might want to extract some revenge from their loss to the Oilers, and Winnipeg who is playing much better under Maurice (gee - an experienced coach...I wonder why that is happening).

So Arizona represents our best shot to break the losing skid. We have 2 chances, Monday and if we lose Monday the next wont be for 8 games. So we have very real potential to make this a massive 16 game losing streak if we lose Monday - hence a "must win" situation.

I really wonder what the crowd will be like if we roll up and drop another egg like the Chicago game....

On a closing note, I wonder when Columbus will start turning things around. They represent a very real threat to our 30th overall ranking this year and its beginning to worry me.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The sad thing is the St Louis game is being framed as a "good game" for the Oilers. Outshot 41-16 and completely outmatched and outplayed in 2 of 3 periods. That my friends, is what now constitutes a "good game" by our Oilers.

We play Arizona twice in 8 games. Otherwise its San Jose twice, Anaheim twice, the Rangers who just might want to extract some revenge from their loss to the Oilers, and Winnipeg who is playing much better under Maurice (gee - an experienced coach...I wonder why that is happening).

So Arizona represents our best shot to break the losing skid. We have 2 chances, Monday and if we lose Monday the next wont be for 8 games. So we have very real potential to make this a massive 16 game losing streak if we lose Monday - hence a "must win" situation.

I really wonder what the crowd will be like if we roll up and drop another egg like the Chicago game....

On a closing note, I wonder when Columbus will start turning things around. They represent a very real threat to our 30th overall ranking this year and its beginning to worry me.
The only things that were good about the St Louis game was, goaltending and being able to score on a limited amount of shots. The Nashville game was a good game though.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Didn't we lose 10 in a row the last season we won the cup? Just sayin...:laugh:....just looked guess not:facepalm:

Uh...I guess it was the year after winning it and only 9 games. I had a vague memory of being bugged on the bus and at school for the oilers being on such a ridiculous streak. I guess it's just common place now...nothing to see here just move along...View attachment 77805

Last edited:

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
This has nothing to do with this pregame but just thought I'd throw it out as a suggestions for someone to do a game day thread on.

Actually looks worth watching after the last 3 duds....

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I like the BS chant the most. I'd like to see that instead of waving arms during the wave.

Resounding circles of "BS" or "Lowe must go" would be awesome.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
I got the chills watching that trailer. Aside from soccer ball droid.

The Coyotes? uh, ok. Yeah, whatever. I'm hoping the Oilers can stretch this mofo out to 10, 15, maybe more. As long as possible. Hoping Dubnyk starts and shuts us out, just for the sheer amount of rage that would cause around here. Go Coyotes.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
On Saturday the Flames made Dubnyk look like some Tall Guy with Hockey Equipment on.

Watch him get shutout vs us. :shakehead

I'm staying optimistic (because I have to?). LETS GO BOYS!!! :ha:

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Best chances to land Mcdavid is to keep freakin Eakins! Why hoping for a turnaround who only gives us a bad draft position(outside top 5).
Do the clean up off season, start with the whole coaching staff and then go upstairs. 5-0 Arizona Gags with a hat trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad