HF Habs: In order, who would you rather face in the playoffs?

What are your ideal playoff matchups in order?

• Total voters

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
In order, who would you rather face between Jets, Oilers and Leafs?

Jets:
Pros:
-Probably the deepest forward core in the division, they are big and have stars upfront
-Incredible goaltending

Cons:
-Defense is seriously lacking
-Have had a similar core for a while yet still aren't performing well

Leafs:
Pros:
-Two incredible stars upfront with 2 great "secondary" pieces
-Defense has improved

Cons:
-Goaltending has been very shaky with Andersen
-Have a terrible history in the playoffs

Oilers:
Pros:
-2 of the top 3 players in the league and they are setting the league on fire
-Depth and defense and have improved
-Mike Smith is playing great hockey

Cons:
-Record is skewed from being undefeated against a bad Senators team
-Relying on 39 year old Mike Smith is iffy since their backup is atrocious
-Poor playoff reputation

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Everytime I’ve wished for a specific opponent, the Habs have lost against them. Not wishing for anyone in particular. But let’s just say none of the teams scare me much. Yes, they are better, but they aren’t scary.

Reactions: ArtPeur

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Everytime I’ve wished for a specific opponent, the Habs have lost against them. Not wishing for anyone in particular. But let’s just say none of the teams scare me much. Yes, they are better, but they aren’t scary.
I think the Jets can be the most dominant team, especially if they get a dman at the deadline. They've got it all. Depth, speed, size, skill, goaltending, just defense needs to be fixed urgently.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think the Jets can be the most dominant team, especially if they get a dman at the deadline. They've got it all. Depth, speed, size, skill, goaltending, just defense needs to be fixed urgently.

They scare me the most. The size alone would be a tall order. Then you have the elite goaltender. Like you said, if they get a good defender, I think they become the favourites in the division.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Surprised on how a third of the people want to face the Leafs first.

To me, option #5-6 are the obvious ones and then it depends who you fear the most between Jets/Leafs.

To me, we ideally face against the Oilers and then face the physically battered victor of the Leafs/Jets series.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
In order, who would you rather face between Jets, Oilers and Leafs?

Jets:
Pros:
-Probably the deepest forward core in the division, they are big and have stars upfront
-Incredible goaltending

Cons:
-Defense is seriously lacking
-Have had a similar core for a while yet still aren't performing well

Leafs:
Pros:
-Two incredible stars upfront with 2 great "secondary" pieces
-Defense has improved

Cons:
-Goaltending has been very shaky with Andersen
-Have a terrible history in the playoffs

Oilers:
Pros:
-2 of the top 3 players in the league and they are setting the league on fire
-Depth and defense and have improved
-Mike Smith is playing great hockey

Cons:
-Record is skewed from being undefeated against a bad Senators team
-Relying on 39 year old Mike Smith is iffy since their backup is atrocious
-Poor playoff reputation

Even Smith has been bad the last couple seasons before this one. I'm expecting a fall back down to earth before the season is out.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
To be the best, you gotta beat the best
Beggars can’t be choosers

You play whoever the hell you match up with and you figure it out. That’s what they are paid to do.

get in and find a way

Reactions: No More Subban

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Surprised on how a third of the people want to face the Leafs first.

To me, option #5-6 are the obvious ones and then it depends who you fear the most between Jets/Leafs.

To me, we ideally face against the Oilers and then face the physically battered victor of the Leafs/Jets series.

Agreed. Oilers first cause of they lack depth and team D and have average goaltending. Jets and Leafs are dangerous.

I think we have a shot at a Habs vs Leafs 1st round though. Either 1/4 or 2/3. Heading into the season, I had the Jets winning. It was Jets, Leafs, Habs, Flames, and Oilers just missing. We will see.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Jets, Oilers, Leafs for me

Jets are the weakest 5-on-5 team out of the 3, and I just like our chances better against a team without superstars at the level of McDavid, Draisaitl, etc. even with how we've shut them down in 4 games so far this year.

But maybe the Oilers weaker goaltending would be a bigger advantage for us

Reactions: Rapala

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
give me oilers, jets and then the biggest conference final show ever vs the leafs.
there will be fist fights amongst friends.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Leafs, Edm, Jets are all favorable matchups - Cgy is the only unfavorable matchup in the division (Sens too)

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Oilers first cuz they're easily the worst team. No depth. Little playoff experience. 2 players can't carry them very far. Easiest team to beat.

Leafs second purely because I love rivalry hockey - even moreso in the playoffs.

Jets third because I actually like them as a team, and am more excited about playing/beating teams I hate.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'd avoid the Jets because I see them as the scarier team in the division. And I'd also like them to win (if we don't).

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
There’s no order for me. Everyone from 1-3 is extremely close. I want the Leafs simply because it would be hilarious if we were the ones to cause their meltdown this year.

I don't want to take the risk to be the first team to lose to them in the playoffs, since the Big Bang. I won't be able to handle it.

Reactions: Walrus26

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Jets are the team that scare me the most and I actually want to see a Habs-Leafs playoff. It’s something I never the chance to see

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd like the Jets first as I think we can beat them when our energy will be at it's highest. The other two teams don't play a draining style which would be easier to overcome in later rounds.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
id rather not play the leafs at all to be honest.

one, they'll win. two, hf will be absolutely unreadable for probably an eternity after that. for better or for worst, my enjoyment of the sport is enhanced by you dirtbags

if were gonna be bounced in a round or two, id rather it not turn the entire website into a shitshow. i'd rather not make the playoffs than play the leafs. there.

save hf

dont play the leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad