In Memoriam: Boston at Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It’s monday but otherwise I’m aight. Have a busy schedule today but it’s a good thing i suppose. Thanks for asking. How are you today?

I'm fine. Your post made you sound somewhat unbalanced, that's why I was asking. Glad to hear you're OK.

I’m not a big gambling man but I’ve got a few friends who are always following these things. That’s one of the factors he mentions constantly. Whether Vegas factors it in i have no idea, but there definitely seems to be a trend.

I used to do a ton of sports betting back in the day and from what I remember, bookies don't pay much attention to intangibles. Some bettors do, that's another story.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Already crying about the calls i see

Chara punches someone else in the face tonight and doesn’t get a penalty

Someone other than a fourth line forward finally wakes up for Boston

The horseshoe falls out of Andersen’s butthole.

Bruins fly home preparing for Tampa Bay.

Toronto cries, bookending the series with tears.

Meh. Saturday’s over, time to get over it and focus on tonight’s game. That said, it should be interesting to see how Bruins fans react should the Leafs get a couple of early power plays tonight, seeing how they’re still whining about the delay of game penalty in Game 3.

But hey, judging by the HF wake being thrown for the Leafs prior to Game 5, we shouldn’t expect much. You know, the Leafs are soft, overrated, not built for the playoffs and not really all that fast. I'm shocked it has taken a tough, seasoned team like the Bruins this long to put the Leafs away.

There’s no pressure on the B’s, and there is no doubt they push this soft, overrated team out of the playoffs tonight, right?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Let’s just hope there isn’t a mistake on a delay of game penalty. That’s when we’ve seen the real crying. I suppose it’s a far worse call than “2 minutes for getting punched in the face”.

Not sure if it's true or not but apparently some Boston fans were upset at the officiating in the last game. Hard to believe but if true ... meh, I think I'll just leave it at that, wouldn't want to upset anyone.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Good luck to my heart. That is all.

Heh, I know what you mean. That last game was really something, every time my pulse rate was approaching normal again, they called another penalty. So yeah, let's hope tonight's game is much better in that regard.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
I still can’t forgive my leafs for those brutal 2 games to start the series.
Hopefully they’ll come out with their best game of the year tonight and extend this to 7 where anything can happen.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Let’s just hope there isn’t a mistake on a delay of game penalty. That’s when we’ve seen the real crying. I suppose it’s a far worse call than “2 minutes for getting punched in the face”.
We can also hope that offsides are called properly before a boston goal and at some point Marchand gets called for driving Marner's head into the ice

Reactions: cmorly

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No. I'm a Lightning fan. I would prefer it to go 7 games but I am thinking Boston takes care of business tonight. Just MHO.

Fair enough. If you think Boston wins tonight, I take it you'd rather face the Leafs in the 2nd round?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hoping Toronto can force game 7 but think Boston takes care of business today after coming off of an underwhelming game from them. They right their ship tonight.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Leafs won the game, so why would you need makeup calls that didn't impact the final result?

We don't need them but obviously would like them.

Would be nice if 1 or 2 of the calls that could go either way go in the Leafs favour tonight.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think this will go 7, but I think it depends a lot on how Tuukka rebounds from his definite off night Sat.

I said before the series started that the teams are pretty even in skill, and it would likely come down to goaltending and puck luck.

Scoring first to date has mattered a lot-so far the team that scored first has won the game.

I also have a hard time believing there hasn’t been an OT yet so maybe tonight is the night for an OT.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I think this will go 7, but I think it depends a lot on how Tuukka rebounds from his definite off night Sat.

I said before the series started that the teams are pretty even in skill, and it would likely come down to goaltending and puck luck.

Scoring first to date has mattered a lot-so far the team that scored first has won the game.

I also have a hard time believing there hasn’t been an OT yet so maybe tonight is the night for an OT.
I hear Tukka has very poor game 6 +7 numbers. Can anyone confirm this? Any stats?

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto

I hope not, i dont know if my body can handle an OT after that 3rd period on saturday lol

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Can we have an inspection on all sticks used by Rick Nash before the game so the leafs don't get 2 minutes for manufacturer defects.......
I think Bruins sticks have the exact same tensile strength as those little cardboard tubes they put in roles of shitpaper.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

Out of curiosity how is he mentally? The crowd is going to be all over him tonight and it will only get worse if he lets in a weak or early goal

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Fair enough. If you think Boston wins tonight, I take it you'd rather face the Leafs in the 2nd round?

I do think Toronto would be the easier out. Both teams are very good and I truly feel that the Lightning will have their hands full with either of them. I expect the Boston/Bolts series to go 7 games. Getting home ice for that 7th game will end up being the difference. Again, just MHO.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Leafs are already defying expectations by being in game 6.
The Cletus-like slack-jawed yokels in Toronto media, led by Arthur with Simmons and company in full tow, have no idea how to analyse this series and are filling paragraphs with cut and paste about that last series. Should the Leafs take tonight's game, I expect them to sit at their workstations, mouth agape, and offer the insights expected from grade 5 writers.

That said, Kadri has taken his lesson well and was managing his ice time superbly. Marchand seems to have realized the Leafs could compete in this series. Cassidy is losing a little rope. Snacks and refreshments have been purchased, let's have a game seven, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad