In honour of trade deadline day ...

HFNHL Red Wings

... where the most frequent type of player moved is a depth defenceman for a pick the Wings will make available, until 3:00pm EST, Cory Sarich for a pick (I've said no to these offers before).

The preferred trade will be one where the Wings don't add yet another pick but 'upgrade' an existing one but we will listen to 1-for-1 offers.
On this day, as long as the offers are within reason, I will trade him to the team that makes the best offer.

I'll also listen to offers for all the other depth defencemen (most are 'next year' players) but make no promises that the best offer will win since I really have no use for 6th and 7th round picks ;)
The others are Mikko Lehtonen, Nate Guenin, and the resurrected Alain Nasreddin.

HFNHL Red Wings

Two quick notes ...
(i) We are experiencing some e-mail issues at work today so please make sure you are sending all offers to my home e-mail.
(ii) Please send actual offers if you are interested, while I have a few I've got about 6 others that read as 'look at my roster to see if there's anything that interests you' or 'what pick do you want'. Normally I could do this but with a 3:00pm EST deadline and the fact I'm actually trying to do some work I won't have time to respond to those type of offers today.

HFNHL Red Wings

...is this actually our trade deadline day?

No.

In Canada the NHL's trade deadline day should be a national holiday since half the people at work are too busy hitting refresh buttons on the trade boards to actually do any work.

This was just a whimsical thing I did to celebrate the 'holiday' :D

HFNHL Red Wings

Early bird gets the worm?

While I have received 3 offers I would have been comfortable in accepting talks advanced quickly with the first GM to have opened talks last night and a deal in principal has been agreed upon by the time the ‘good’ offers started coming in.

Formal paperwork to league officials has not yet been filed so may yet change. Rumours have it that Sarich, an early pick, and a mid round pick have been dealt for a young top 4 dman (yes I overpaid but I guess that’s just in keeping with this years pattern in the NHL)

The other 'next year' depth dmen are still available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad