Post-Game Talk: In honour of Beaglechuk, let's make it 10. Caps @ Canes 6:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
Anyone else think that OV will explode over the next two games (Car, CBJ) to take over the goal scoring lead from Benn? @20 goals right now (vs. Benn's 23) with games against two easy opponents.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Anyone else think that OV will explode over the next two games (Car, CBJ) to take over the goal scoring lead from Benn? @20 goals right now (vs. Benn's 23) with games against two easy opponents.

Who knows. Ovi is so unpredictable.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010

Maybe not within the next two games but soon enough.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA

For no particularly great reason, I think it would be slick if he got 500 in 800 GP or at least got to 500 in fewer games than Esposito.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Who knows. Ovi is so unpredictable.

Moody, enigmatic Russian.

Would love to see him join the 500-in-800 club. That's a tiny little uber-elite crew he'd be joining.

Playing next to 92 will help. It's easy to see that Ovie enjoys playing with him.

Then again, who wouldn't enjoy playing next to 92 right now?

The injuries are a big, big opportunity for Bura. If he can be productive and win back some of Trotz's confidence (a commodity which Trotz seems heroically, mythically stingy in guarding), it would be huge boost for both #65 and the team.

I see #65 as a Seguin situation -- someone who, if he doesn't get established and productive here, will wind up being hugely productive elsewhere. I'd really love to see him rise to the occasion here over these next 2-3 months.

Speaking of productivity ... Fleischman has wound being super valuable for Habs.

Do you think Pens would trade Fehr back to us? I miss him. I guess we'd probably have to overpay, since he has been good for them (in limited role) and since Pens certainly don't want to do anything to help us.

Last edited:

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
Considering they went into beast-mode in the 3rd period without Backstrom, Beagle, Carlson, Orpik or Latta... I'm not sure why more don't have faith in the depth and structure/system of the team. We've been finding ways to win all season. Plus, we still have Ovi, Kuzy, Holtby, Williams, Oshie, Schmidt, Orlov, Niskanen, Alzner, MoJo, Burakovsky, Wilson, and Backstrom and Latta do look good to return. This is not a bad bunch of players we still have.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Considering they went into beast-mode in the 3rd period without Backstrom, Beagle, Carlson, Orpik or Latta... I'm not sure why more don't have faith in the depth and structure/system of the team. We've been finding ways to win all season. Plus, we still have Ovi, Kuzy, Holtby, Williams, Oshie, Schmidt, Orlov, Niskanen, Alzner, MoJo, Burakovsky, Wilson, and Backstrom and Latta do look good to return. This is not a bad bunch of players we still have.

This. Also Ovie has carried this team for years. He can probably manage it for a few games now if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad