News Article: In '92-'93, LaFontaine's line was something special

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
To continue the Khym-love, he also scored the OT GWG in Game 3 of the Bruins series. There is no series clinching May Day goal without that one.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
If Hasek broke through a couple years earlier the Sabres would have a banner hanging from the rafters.
He played lights out against Boston.
I was at the game.

Let a goal in like the first 2 minutes. Boston fans in front of me celebrating like they were going to win the series.

Hasek stopped like 3-4 breakaways
Oh the memories. I think we were down 5-2 and won 6-5 but man hard to remember 16 years ago.

Fuhr should have sat on the bench against Montreal.

We would have won.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Assuming that Leroux hit never happened, I agree

Indeed. Or if the Macoun one hadn't happened either since that may have started the cascade. He played like such a little bowling ball out there and he attacked the net with abandon. He was such a treat to watch, and the way he meshed with AlMo was just perfect.

Reactions: joshjull and Baccus

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
For some reason, I still have an affinity for Khymlev. I was just a young kid but I went back and watched the games my dad recorded years after and I believe he replaced Andreychuck to some extent on that top line. It was still dynamic, just a little less effective, obviously.

Nobody should question the qualities of the Yurinator.

A pox upon their houses (unless they are referring to the "Euro-train is in the station" calls....a pox upon Gurtler's announcing and his crappy rock band).

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
I had front row seats just inside the blue line for the New Years Eve game that year (Thanks Aunt Connee). Mogilny and Khmylev both had hatties, Patty had 5 assists, Hasek made 30 saves as Buffalo won 11-6. It was probably the most fun game I have ever been to. Mogilny got his third just after the half way point of the second and Khmylev got all three of his in the third including one with 1:09 to play.

Hard to believe there were actually 6 Sabres with 0 points during the game!

And Messier was a -5!

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad