Proposal: Improving Oilers defence

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You are missing the point. All the added crap in that deal has no purpose for either team. If the Blues are trading Parayko, its cuz they are blowing it up. Trading for Nurse + 2nd is terrible value for them. Why would they make that trade and downgrade on D?

I don’t think it’s as much as a downgrade as you’re making it out to be to be honest. Nurse is underrated and Nurse+ for Parayko is a decent hockey trade.

I don’t think the Blues do it, but expecting Nurse+1st+ for Parayko - especially with how he’s playing this season - is foolishness.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Wow. no and no.
that's awful. Oilers make out like bandits on these. Parayko starting point is Nurse and a 1st +. The other pieces are interchangeable and unnecessary.

Without retention, no way Lucic moves anywhere.
lets do some evaluation here with this ludicrous over evaluation of one called Parayko shall we ?

upload_2018-12-18_14-29-10.png

upload_2018-12-18_14-29-19.png

one guy is 25 and making 6.5 million a year and basically is what he is . Not great at anything and slightly above average at everything and is over valued because he is NOT an Oiler

the other guy is 23 years old, makes half the amount and is under valued because he plays for the Oilers.

Parayko is nothing special. In fact Nurse in 2 years time will be a better player.

thanks for coming out bro.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't know what to say...

Last season and this season are a virtual dead heat for ATOI. Nurse has more blocks and hits. Parayko had better production last season, Nurse’s is better this season. Similar defensive zone heavy starts, nurse’s slightly tougher this season. Parayko better corsiRel, Nurse two years younger and 2.5 mil cheaper. Parayko’s gotten Edmundson and Dunn, Nurse has been stuck with Russell and Benning.

Again, it’s really not as black and white as you’re making it out to be.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Last season and this season are a virtual dead heat for ATOI. Nurse has more blocks and hits. Parayko had better production last season, Nurse’s is better this season. Similar defensive zone heavy starts, nurse’s slightly tougher this season. Parayko better corsiRel, Nurse two years younger and 2.5 mil cheaper. Parayko’s gotten Edmundson and Dunn, Nurse has been stuck with Russell and Benning.

Again, it’s really not as black and white as you’re making it out to be.

Ok then. Nurse for Parayko straight up. I'm a Habs fan so i have no skin in the game. I'm sure Blues fans would be thrilled to make that trade. ;)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
lets do some evaluation here with this ludicrous over evaluation of one called Parayko shall we ?

View attachment 166875

View attachment 166877

one guy is 25 and making 6.5 million a year and basically is what he is . Not great at anything and slightly above average at everything and is over valued because he is NOT an Oiler

the other guy is 23 years old, makes half the amount and is under valued because he plays for the Oilers.

Parayko is nothing special. In fact Nurse in 2 years time will be a better player.

5.5 cap hit, and you really think he's just slightly above average at everything? LOL.

Reactions: HipsCzech

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm glad Edmonton fans have convinced themselves that Parayko is just slightly above average, so I'm just looking forward to when the threads stop.

Reactions: HighNote

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
If Parayko is so mediocre, why do Oilers fans keep bringing him up in trades and no Blues fans are? Asking for a friend.

I'm not sure anyone is calling him mediocre. In an ideal world, if we had the assets/cap space, Parayko would be an addition to complete the top 4 with Klefbom, Larsson and Nurse.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
5.5 cap hit, and you really think he's just slightly above average at everything? LOL.

Oh snap, I didnt know if a player makes more he is automatically a better player. Apparently in Parayko's case Nurse isn't even close to him .......

Lucic must be one of the top wingers in the game.

Parayko is literally slightly above average at everything ... yes. Please point out how he is elite at anything. Please do.

Parayko rounds out your top 4. Some blues fans think he's top 2 the way they are gushing about him in any trades.

get real.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

Who's calling Parayko mediocre?

^

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Oh snap, I didnt know if a player makes more he is automatically a better player. Apparently in Parayko's case Nurse isn't even close to him .......

Lucic must be one of the top wingers in the game.

Parayko is literally slightly above average at everything ... yes. Please point out how he is elite at anything. Please do.

Parayko rounds out your top 4. Some blues fans think he's top 2 the way they are gushing about him in any trades.

get real.

Why don't we just do this, we keep Parayko, and you get your fellow Oilers fans to stop these threads.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
But why should then when Parayko is mediocre and they can acquire him for Nurse + 2nd? Blues get the better player and a decent pick. No brainer! ;)

Why should the Oilers overpay for a player that isn’t objectively *that* much better than Nurse is?

Where, specifically, does he provide a big upgrade, outside of a really hard shot he refuses to use regularly?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Not interested in taking on toxic contracts to upgrade on a Nurse.
2nd deal I donno what to think. Not interested in trading Yamamoto.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Why should the Oilers overpay for a player that isn’t objectively *that* much better than Nurse is?

Where, specifically, does he provide a big upgrade, outside of a really hard shot he refuses to use regularly?

Well, he's right handed, which I'm pretty sure Nurse will never be...

But what's the incentive for the blues here. I mean, this has to be a downgrade in players if the offer is a player + a 2nd for Parayko, right? Is that 2nd round pick really going to turn the blues fortune around? Would you trade RNH for a slightly lesser player + a 2nd round pick? Let's say you thought the difference between RNH and that player was probably truly a 3rd round pick. You're making good value off that trade. That 2nd round pick might help the oilers in like 3 years... You'd have to pull the trigger right. Or maybe that 2nd isn't quite enough incentive when a team comes asking for RNH.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
No, it's still been an issue, there have just been a lot of other issues along with the goaltending.
Right, it hasn't been the issue. We should always be looking to upgrade goaltending, but it's probably 3rd or 4th on my list of importance. Allen has been quite good the last few weeks.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Blues fans are all generally pretty happy with having Parayko.

If Nurse is essentially an equivalent player, why aren't Edmonton fans happy with having him, especially since he's younger and currently cheaper?

This is basically just to satisfy my curiosity. I personally have zero interest in any trade that swaps Parayko for Nurse plus "stuff."

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I’d rather keep Nurse tbh. The rest seems like a wash. Big Parayko fan, but I don’t really see the benefit for us.

I’d do the Lucic deal, but the Hawks wouldn’t go for it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad