Impact thread - Saputo n'est pas Briand Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
Even our 25th anniversary celebrations is weak as hell. From top to bottom, this organisation needs to improve.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
All I understand from all of this Jimmy Briand circus: De Santis, décalisse.
Well then you don’t understand shit...

Briand’s agent praised De Santis. The contract that he accepted was 100% done by De Santis. I think the guy was a terrible technical director because he fell too in love with his team and thus stayed with stability which was our downfall twice. With that being said, he’s an AMAZING scout and knows how to sell the Inpact project better than anyone. He’s the one that got us Di Vaio, Nesta, Drogba and others when we were a nothing team. Give crap to someone when it’s due please.

The contract was nullified because;

1) It’s a BS move to add benefits to contract minutes before signing it
2) Joey wanted no part of it.

The team got TAM to avoid a DP slot. Simply adding a 3rd slot has an extra 150 000$ cost, add to that the 300 000$ giveaway to Guincamp ton compensate for the signing bonus, employees to manage the package benefits, already wasting 1.1 million dollars on Mancosu, Oduro and Donadel, paying transfer fees for Silva and Camacho, paying 2 million dollars for a coaching staff, Piatti at close to 5 mil, etc..

He’s gone way beyond his usual team budget. I was a hater, but not anymore. I understand why he’s being money cautious this time around.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So apparently I'll be pretty much sitting on the sidelines for this one. I hope it's a good show.

Do this everytime we score so we know it's you.

giphy-3-4.gif

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Well then you don’t understand ****...

Briand’s agent praised De Santis. The contract that he accepted was 100% done by De Santis. I think the guy was a terrible technical director because he fell too in love with his team and thus stayed with stability which was our downfall twice. With that being said, he’s an AMAZING scout and knows how to sell the Inpact project better than anyone. He’s the one that got us Di Vaio, Nesta, Drogba and others when we were a nothing team. Give crap to someone when it’s due please.

The contract was nullified because;

1) It’s a BS move to add benefits to contract minutes before signing it
2) Joey wanted no part of it.

The team got TAM to avoid a DP slot. Simply adding a 3rd slot has an extra 150 000$ cost, add to that the 300 000$ giveaway to Guincamp ton compensate for the signing bonus, employees to manage the package benefits, already wasting 1.1 million dollars on Mancosu, Oduro and Donadel, paying transfer fees for Silva and Camacho, paying 2 million dollars for a coaching staff, Piatti at close to 5 mil, etc..

He’s gone way beyond his usual team budget. I was a hater, but not anymore. I understand why he’s being money cautious this time around.

I think he's a terrific salesperson for the Impact in order to convince players to join the team and I appreciate his efforts, but he's not a fantastic scout. His batting average in terms of scouting success is pretty low. We need to buff up the scouting department, and bring in NDS to seal the deal, that's where he's at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad