Foegele - Ryan - JP

Nurse - Ceci
Kulak - Barrie
Broberg - Bouchard

Skinner

wew!

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
This team is in no position to be dressing anything but their best lineup to make sure we even make the playoffs. Demoting one of our steadiest Dmen so JP can play another game is crazy. I get it's not "easy", but there has to be another way given how long we knew this was coming.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This team is in no position to be dressing anything but their best lineup to make sure we even make the playoffs. Demoting one of our steadiest Dmen so JP can play another game is crazy. I get it's not "easy", but there has to be another way given how long we knew this was coming.
Feel sorry for Desharnais, as it has nothing to do with his play, which has been steady and even excellent at times. All because of the team's cap situation. Which at the end of the day, is the GM's fault and/or responsibility.

Reactions: Coffey and 3IR

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I’ve been more than patient with a GM that I feel has been more bad than good, which is about what one should realistically hope for from a GM that manages a team they are a fan of. (Unless, of course, one is a ‘genius’ armchair GM that thinks the real world is some variation of NHL23 or some shit.)

That being said, all that good will would be down the toilet if the move tomorrow is send down Holloway and (especially!) Desharnais to make room for a guy that won’t be on the team next season. Particularly if such a move and subsequent shortened roster leads to further issues such as (chiefly) losses leading to the TDL when such a cap clearing move is all but forced

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I’ve been more than patient with a GM that I feel has been more bad than good, which is about what one should realistically hope for from a GM that manages a team they are a fan of. (Unless, of course, one is a ‘genius’ armchair GM that thinks the real world is some variation of NHL23 or some shit.)

That being said, all that good will would be down the toilet if the move tomorrow is send down Holloway and (especially!) Desharnais to make room for a guy that won’t be on the team next season. Particularly if such a move and subsequent shortened roster leads to further issues such as (chiefly) losses leading to the TDL when such a cap clearing move is all but forced

I think its just frustrating because Holland has had literally weeks to months to get this figured out. JP/Foegele for example, I doubt have much value. They're either worth nothing or a late round pick. Whats the harm in waiving them? If they get picked up on waivers, probably just ends up making a Karlsson/Kane/Toews/O'Reilly/Barbashev etc trade easier because you dont have to trade a contract back. I dont think its the end of the world but its honestly just puzzling/frustration at this point.

Reactions: Oilhawks

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Desharnais was out sick was he not? I don’t see why the Oilers media would lie about that but I could see them lying lol

Ah I saw the tweet.. he may get sent down to make room for Yams? Lol!!!!

Last edited:

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I make them because I think they would bring good luck, but they played like shit the last few times, so please someone take the reigns for this one coming up,.

It all started with insulting Warwick Davis. Sounds like you need to make amends.

I thought we hated the 11-7?

Demoting someone who's been good and opting to have only 20 players is worse than 11-7.

Reactions: Oilhawks

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Would it not also work capwise to send Holloway down, put Puljujarvi on waivers and send him down, and then keep Desharnais on the roster and insert Yamomoto, or does that leave us short 1 forward?

Last edited:

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Would it not also work capwise to send Holloway down, put Puljujarvi on waivers and send him down, and then keep Desharnais on he roster and insert Yamomoto, or does that leave us short 1 forward?

I believe that would still have us $1.25M over the cap.

Reactions: tinfish

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton

Attachments

• MissingLink.jpg
    MissingLink.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Dorian2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad