Blue Jays Discussion: I'm Tired of the Waiting Game... Let's Play Hungry-Hungry-Hippos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/marcus-stroman-discovered-roy-halladays-sinker/

wanted to post this link again because it's a really deep, interesting read about the changes Stroman made to his repertoire last season and how it catalyzed his improvement and I think it got lost at the end of the thread and the page change. Also because I wanted to re-post the gif from it.

DirectUnsightlyAmazondolphin.gif

Look at that. LOOK AT IT! That's a sexy, sexy pitch.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!

wanted to post this link again because it's a really deep, interesting read about the changes Stroman made to his repertoire last season and how it catalyzed his improvement and I think it got lost at the end of the thread and the page change. Also because I wanted to re-post the gif from it.

The only think I can't stop looking at Navarro looking at that pitch. Close enough? :laugh:

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Orioles owner Jerry Angelos said he is not going to trade general manager and vice president Dan Duquette to the Blue Jays.

"There have not been any changes in the status of Dan Duquette," Angelos told Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. "He is our GM and he is going to remain our GM. (Duquette) is concentrating on his efforts to determine the composition of our team for 2015. That is the answer. Period."

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I have a question. What happens if duquette decides to resign? I guess he is still under contract? What other options available. Sounds like the O's are dug in. Doesn't look like it will happen.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Agreed.

Not on the mobile style

Do you mean from your cell phone because I do most of my posting from my cell and it says clear as day in bright blue. Blue jays discussion

Actually thinking of it I don't think my I pad says it

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

It literally looks like the ball just decides "I'm going this way now". Crazy movement on the tail end

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I have a question. What happens if duquette decides to resign? I guess he is still under contract? What other options available. Sounds like the O's are dug in. Doesn't look like it will happen.

I think there's non-compete clauses somewhere stating you can't go somewhere else within X amount of time after you resign. Remember back in 1999 when Bill Belichick resigned from his post with the Jets to become the Pats' coach and GM?

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Whoever is on the mobile site just click view in desktop mode or whatever it is at the bottom of the page. I only ever visit HF and post from my phone. Just switch how you view it.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Escobar to the Nats for Clippard.

Another one bites the dust.

Looking at A's 40 man roster, they have only two catchers. Vogt and Phegley, both of whom have very little MLB experience.

I kinda wonder if A's would consider flipping Clippard for Navarro... or Navarro for a different reliever.

andy dirks back to the jays.

On a minor league deal too. Big fan of this and hopefully Jays can get a few more decent players on minor league deals. Particularly at the bullpen and 2B spots.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Looking at A's 40 man roster, they have only two catchers. Vogt and Phegley, both of whom have very little MLB experience.

I kinda wonder if A's would consider flipping Clippard for Navarro... or Navarro for a different reliever.

Think the A's would just take their chances. A catcher like Navarro (league average bat, no defensive value) likely won't appeal to them. Heck, Navarro in the A's stadium might actually be worse than a league average hitter.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Think the A's would just take their chances. A catcher like Navarro (league average bat, no defensive value) likely won't appeal to them. Heck, Navarro in the A's stadium might actually be worse than a league average hitter.

I think he'd actually be a tremendous platoon partner with Vogt. Also, they haven't really placed too much value into catcher defense since Kurt Suzuki left. In fact, each of their catchers last year were subpar defensively.

I really can't see them paying $9m for a setup man either. It's worth a call, if the Blue Jays could afford to take on the extra $4m in salary.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
I really can't see them paying $9m for a setup man either. It's worth a call, if the Blue Jays could afford to take on the extra $4m in salary.

AA should absolutely inquire even when it may not be worth a call. The last time he did that it got him Donaldson. :laugh:

I'd just be shocked if Navvy got back a near-elite reliever. After the WS we had and this offseason so far, reliever's value are at a all time high. Plus with all the focus on pitch framing being important for a catcher and it being well known Navarro's a terrible framer, the As and most teams would just be paying $5 for a league average bat. Platooning him would also make things more expensive. You're paying $5 for a player you could be paying less than half for and without giving up any assets. If he could be traded for even a half decent reliever by now, it would have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad