I'm EMBARRASSED

Jay Harris

Feb 24, 2020
I spend alot of time reading all the various posts and reading through threads but rarely post.
I have never posted my own thread until now.
I have been an Oilers fan since their 1st year in the NHL with my 1st live game being the teams 61st game in the NHL.
I am so disturbed and bothered by what took place at the end of the game with the Zadorov cross check to 97 which flung him into a cross check to his face by Soucy.
The Oilers response??
A token mulling of players and a friendly scrum and conversation ... Are you freaking kidding me??
Both Zadorov and Soucy should have eaten cross checks to the teeth.
The championship teams I watched when I lived in Edmonton would have no be such pathetic weaklings in their response, I promise you that.
No matter who was on the ice at the time, they would have went after those 2 with venom.
Semenko, Smith, Jackson, Messier, McClelland, Buchberger and even guys like Anderson would have jumped in a laid some lumber on them.
But not this group.
That play tells me all I need to know about this "team".
No fight or willingness to go to battle for their best player and captain .... Shame on them!
The biggest failure of our GM was, other than addressing goaltending and a top 4 dman was not beefing up the bottom 6 with some warriors and nastiness.
This team is soft and hopes having 2 if the best players in the NHL will get them by come playoff time ... Not happening.
I can stand not winning but I cannot stand losing with no fight.

There ... My 1st post.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I spend alot of time reading all the various posts and reading through threads but rarely post.
I have been an Oilers fan since their 1st year in the NHL with my 1st live game being the teams 61st game in the NHL.
I am so disturbed and bothered by what took place at the end of the game with the Zadorov cross check to 97 which flung him into a cross check to his face by Soucy.
The Oilers response??
A token mulling of players and a friendly scrum and conversation ... Are you freaking kidding me??
The championship teams I watched when I lived in Edmonton would have no be such pathetic weaklings in their response, I promise you that.
No matter who was on the ice at the time, they would have went after those 2 with venom.
Semenko, Smith, Jackson, Messier, McClelland, Buchberger and even guys like Anderson would have jumped in a laid some lumber on them.
But not this group.
No fight or willingness to go to battle for their best player and captain .... Shame on them!
The biggest failure of our GM was, other than addressing goaltending and a top 4 dman was not beefing up the bottom 6 with some warriors and nastiness.
This team is soft and hopes having 2 if the best players in the NHL will get them by come playoff time ... Not happening.

There ... My 1st post.

Oil are my second favorite team but holy shit this drove me insane as well. I can't believe there was no response... Dress Carrick

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Carrick better be in next game and the Oil need to bring some bite to it as well. Kane onto the top line if your going with the nuclear option and move Hyman down with RNH too. We got pushed around tonight and our best players got pounded most of the night.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Games gotten soft. I watch a lot of Bruins games, and they did shit all to Bennett tonight, after he suckerpunched and concussed captain Marchand in the game before. The Bruins. Not responding.
It sucks, I agree with you fully, someone should have smashed them.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Tochett has played the referees to a tee. Even the panel bought into his act (willingly?).

The game was pretty much over a few minutes in after they allowed Draisaitl to be cross checked twice and then call a penalty on him for a Canuck dive. It was obvious to all how the game would be run. I had PVR'd the game and I hit FFwd at that moment.

Is Oiler management going to go quietly into the night or actually say something? They better be now.

Still miss Kostin.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
realization that Vancouver is better than we wanted to believe. But getting out duelled by a friggen AHL goalie is a joke. Skinner has reverted back to his old self. Might be time for Packard or Oliver R.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Tochett has played the referees to a tee. Even the panel bought into his act (willingly?).

The game was pretty much over a few minutes in after they allowed Draisaitl to be cross checked twice and then call a penalty on him for a Canuck dive. It was obvious to all how the game would be run. I had PVR'd the game and I hit FFwd at that moment.

Is Oiler management going to go quietly into the night or actually say something? They better be now.

Still miss Kostin.
In Game 2 it didn’t seem that way. Refs weren’t buying the Nucks dives. But with 10-0 personal Referee of the Vancouver Canucks it did.

All the missed legit cross checks on Drai in the opening was complete bullshit. Then confirmed to be absolute bullshit when Nurse gets a penalty for a cross push.

I agree, More gamesmanship from the Oilers would be nice. Holland has shown he doesn’t have the mind for that kind of game outside the game though unfortunately. He’s a doormat to the League, proven time and time again.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What I've said elsewhere is this is the same Nucks org that had Crawford behind bench, Had a player issue a head bounty on Moore and had the idiot Bertuzzi collect in what was a criminal offense for which he was charged is doing all this now.

I say this not by accident but to malign. This is again a Canuck team going to the gutter, and way beyond that because in both instances the team went out and hired a goonsquad and in both teams to help defend their own soft starring players. It was then with players like Naslund. It is now in protecting lil Petey and lil Hughes from harm.

In both instances the Nucks hired Gorillas to go out and do exactly what they did on ice to McD with game over. With Tocchet, no angel, laughing at it all on the bench.

This is the Vancouver Canucks and this is the NHL wanting them to be able to get away with this.

As if by sarcasm the NHL officials gave Darnel Nurse a crosschecking penalty when Nucks have had 20 worse crosschecks, Zadorov half of them, that were not called. They gave Drai an interference penalty, a ridiculous call, when the Nucks are interfering constantly.

The nucks goons have licence to maim. If the Oilers touch somebody they get called.

The Nucks are building goonsquad part 2. They're proud of it.

The real embarrassment in 2024 is the NHL still wants and allows this mayhem.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
The Oilers response??
But not this group.

There ... My 1st post.
Oilers hit 4 posts. Boeser hit 2 that went in. they also had a goal line save on the bottom 6. Holloway hit a post on the bottom 6

Oilers out chanced them in grade A chances and dictated much of the game.. Your 1st post defies facts and is absolute rubbish. Congrats, you joined the 98 percentile

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017

DOPS ain’t gonna do shit about this. Protecting the stars of the game is not a priority in this garbage league.

Zadorov and Soucy need their teeth knocked out.

Is there any video of the slash mcdavid did? Everyone making excuses for hhag cross check because of the slash mcdavid threw that happens 100x a game

The whining and bitching going on this series is becoming intolerable on both sides to be honest.

Last edited:

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
The game is so different from the 80s though, these guys go out to dinner together, crack friendly jokes on the ice, and share tips on the best boutiques for fancy suits and beanies.

Reactions: oilers'72

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
realization that Vancouver is better than we wanted to believe. But getting out duelled by a friggen AHL goalie is a joke. Skinner has reverted back to his old self. Might be time for Packard or Oliver R.
I really don’t think they are better. It’s just that Skinner is worse. Giving 2-3 free goals against per game is the difference between this series being 2-1 Canucks right now when it should be 3-0 Oilers.

InTheBox

Feb 7, 2021
We are soft, still. I thought adding Kane and Perry would toughen us up. But that really hasn't happened. And Vinnie pretends to be tough, but has had only a couple of fights. Like it shows every post season, there isn't enough toughness on this team.

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
The Oilers response??
But not this group.

There ... My 1st post.
This has me seething more than the absolute disgrace that was the officiating. I agree absolutely embarrassing response.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
The thing to remember is that the NHL would want nothing more than a chance to suspend any Oiler for fighting in the last five minutes of the game. See Nurse last playoffs, and with pretty much only those that matter on the ice when this happened who would you want them to sacrifice for game four? Yes it sucks to have no response, but why add insult to injury and not have Ekholm or Bouchard or Hyman/Draisaitl/Nuge for next game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad