News Article: 'I'm a free agent in life,' says retiring Robins

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Seriously, good for him. He's a smart guy... i'm sure he will do well in whatever he decides to do.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Terrible luck for him but I'm glad he got to get a few games in the NHL --great guy and I think he would be awesome on TV. With some of the negative schmucks on Canadian hockeyTV (Healey), this guy would be a breath of fresh air.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Best of luck to him in his future endeavors. Stand up guy, and I'm glad he got to play a few in the NHL.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Poor Bobby! I hate that his career was cut short when he finally got an opportunity. But its the right move for him. One of the nicest people ever. His blog is so much fun to read. Hopefully he gets a job with the B's or PB's. He's a great guy to have on staff.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Hope the Bruins can find a way to keep him in the organization at some level. I feel like he's got a lot to give off the ice.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Smart decision. Be a coach or something, continue hockey experience. Good for him to not force his way back since he'd just get more of the same as an enforcer.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Terrific player and an even better person. If he's into broadcasting I'd love for NESN to give him a try, for pre/post game/intermission... Those are snoozefests right now. I think he'd liven it up.

Glad he's happy with his decision and I wish him all the best!

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Terrific player and an even better person. If he's into broadcasting I'd love for NESN to give him a try, for pre/post game/intermission... Those are snoozefests right now. I think he'd liven it up.

Glad he's happy with his decision and I wish him all the best!

That's a good shout. At the very least he'd make a great columnist

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org

I genuinely feel bad for him, but if you ask him it seems like he has 100% accepted the cards that life has dealt him. He has a great head on his shoulders. What an amazing story Bobby Robins is/has.

When I think about it, to get that chance finally on the big team/roster and than to get injured in his first game is just so unfortunate. Yet he has taken it with such grace and humility and most of all acceptance.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Definitely the best of luck to him in whatever he decides to do.

One of the nicest players I've ever met, for sure

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
He seems like a great person ex player to have around the big club to help the rookies and 1st year players get assimilated to being pro hockey players, and can help young men/players that go from having a few bucks to becoming millionaires in an instant with making decisions etc.

Last edited:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He got hurt in Boston right? So he collected an NHL salary during that time, right?

I hope he did because it would make a huge difference.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Excellent decision. I'm glad he got to skate around a little bit in April or May during P-Bruins practice for morale, and I'm glad he's hung up the skates and gloves.

He'd make a great columnist - certainly better than one particular columnist who imagines himself the best sportswriter there ever was, and whose articles I actively avoid on the net. Robins would also be great doing background "slice-of-a-player's-life" pieces, if that's where his interests lie. His blog on addiction to chewing tobacco is a raw, visceral, and even heartbreaking story to read - something you really wouldn't expect.

I'm most glad that Robins has options, and seems inclined to use every one of them to the best of his abilities. A lot of NHLers who go through TBI/PCS don't have anything to fall back on. I don't know what kind of support system the NHL has, or how good the players are using that support, but this is a case where more is always better.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
It seems like there is a place for him in hockey even after his playing days are done...as others have said he would be great as an analyst and could certainly slot into a position where he helps to work aith younger players etc.

And, I definitely hope he writes about about his journey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad