Player Discussion: Ilya Sorokin

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Any insight around when we can expect Ilya Sorokin over here in North America? Is it more a question of 'if' he comes over to North America?

Just wondering on your thoughts, as I only know him as a fantasy hockey prospect.

Thanks

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I bet he just can't wait to be an Islander, what with the de-lux treatment Garf has waiting for him.

1. Needs to attend lots of meetings.
2. Will need to penetrate the pre-existing 3 goaltender wall in front of him.
3. If he is the best goaltender, he will still have to wait until Garf is done "showcasing" Halak.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I bet he just can't wait to be an Islander, what with the de-lux treatment Garf has waiting for him.

3. If he is the best goaltender, he will still have to wait until Garf is done "showcasing" Halak.

You forgot soon to be UFA Tavares who could leave.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Darn I thought you guys would make me happy. Maybe I should trade Sorokin. I was really hoping he'd replace Lundqvist for me, when he is almost done.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Sorokin will be here next year and Garf will make him the 1a and 1b. We will go with a 1 goalie system.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Darn I thought you guys would make me happy. Maybe I should trade Sorokin. I was really hoping he'd replace Lundqvist for me, when he is almost done.

I don't know how your league works but if you have a minors system you should definitely hold on to him. If not, don't waste a roster spot on him he's still a couple years away from making an appearance. 2023 is a bit of a stretch lol. He's on my fantasy league I'm in and we have a minors system. I actually keep getting a ton of trade proposals for him lol. He's not going anywhere!

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I absolutely think Sorokin comes over once his deal is done. From what I understand Sorokin has shown the desire to play in the NHL.

The only thing I could see happening is Sorokin signs a year-to-year deal in the KHL to continue to develop...

However, Sorokin can be a franchise altering goaltender.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013

If it's a keeper league, hold on to him until he gets traded and turns into a superstar for another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad