Value of: Ilya Mikheyev

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
IF, and I say IF, Montreal cannot find a Boeser,Laine,Reinhart kind of top 6 RW I have a feeling they will try to push for Mikheyev with the cap problem in Toronto, the age and the talent of the young russian.

IF he aks 2-3M I don't see Toronto following on this if they want to find a #1RD

So, what would be his value for Montreal ?
Is he open from Toronto ?

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I pass as a Habs fan. Rather keep our cap space and use it on a bigger fish... even if I have to wait another year.
I don't think the management will wait an other year though, I think they are past the waiting time and will try something this year, if they can't there's always the idea of a mikheyev, Anderson, Greenway, etc. BUT IMO mikheyev is really underrated and could produce at 50p while controlling board battles and net presence ( and helping Romanov )

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I dont see Toronto having cap issues to the point where the lose a controlled and promising young player like Ilya.

Will they have cap issues if they sign a significant free agent?

Yes.

But they will have a contingency plan for that scenario that doesn’t likely include moving Ilya out.

Kerfoot, AJ, Freddie and possibly Dermott are all more likely to be moved prior.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Ilya Mikheyev is going to be worth every bit of 2-3 million. Pay him and move somebody else.

But unless he's signing for 3 or more years, I don't see it being closer to 3.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think the management will wait an other year though, I think they are past the waiting time and will try something this year, if they can't there's always the idea of a mikheyev, Anderson, Greenway, etc. BUT IMO mikheyev is really underrated and could produce at 50p while controlling board battles and net presence ( and helping Romanov )

Big fish or no fish.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

We need a RW goalscorer. Mikheyev is not a RW goalscorer.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Ilya Mikheyev is going to be worth every bit of 2-3 million. Pay him and move somebody else.

But unless he's signing for 3 or more years, I don't see it being closer to 3.
I disagree. He's only worth 1.5 at most right now. He had a good start to the season, started to taper off and now after having major wrist surgery, he'll probably never be the same again

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I'd rather keep him, but if we did trade him, I'd want a defenceman of similar age and potential.

2nd pairing RD that we don't have to insulate, some offensive upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad