OT: III. Metroplex Sports Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
There was actually a running game today? That's shocking since there hasn't bee a consistent, or legit, one in ages. Part of the problem would be Garrett drifting away from it, the other being I'm not convinced the players involved were solid enough to provide a consistent running game.

Romo has had less and less in the way of talent around him each year now, IMO. I agree he can't be the "bus driver", but unfortunately that's the position he's been put in by not having any help for a few years now. If they have a running game now, that's great. But if they don't have any kind of defense it will all be for naught.

Brand New Stars

A running game that didn't help the outlook of the game with a fumble returned for touchdown 3 plays in.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed when checking out what happened in the game. Murray has never convinced me he is good enough to carry the load. Maybe as a tandem, but not as the main RB.

But again that just goes back to the team being setup for failure when being constructed trying to "build" on what was good when Parcells was around.

Brand New Stars

He was great outside of the fumble, but it got the team off on the wrong foot.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Griping about anybody but the main problem with the Cowboys is a waste of time. Until Jerry either dies or relinquishes power the Cowboys will always be mediocre at best. Romo isn't the problem. The defense isn't the problem. Garrett isn't the problem. Everything is just wrong. If the Cowboys were a stew cooking on my stove I would throw the whole thing out and start over.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Yeah you can't really get worked up. Surely everyone knew they'd suck and they will continue to do things at the perfectly wrong time to drive you insane that it's best to not care much. It's the only way I can continue to be a fan. They are just really, really hard to watch, and would be really painful to watch if I allowed myself emotional investment.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
it does make you wonder if jerry's kids can manage the cowboys as well as the wirtz kids did for the blackhawks after their pops passed on.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Jerry is definitely the main issue, but the Romo apologists somehow manage to come out every single season. It makes absolutely no sense.

The guy is a waste in the NFL. He's a sideshow who collects paychecks sitting on a table being rehabbed. Has the best gig in the world. Hate him.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
Wasn't like we were tearing with up the great Qunicy Carter at the helm or the coveted Vinny Testeverde, Drew Bledsoe, or any of those guys who played baseball.

Don't be fooled it's all Jerry, not Romo

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Jerry is definitely the main issue, but the Romo apologists somehow manage to come out every single season. It makes absolutely no sense.

The guy is a waste in the NFL. He's a sideshow who collects paychecks sitting on a table being rehabbed. Has the best gig in the world. Hate him.

Coming from the Goligoski hater, I wouldn't expect much less.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Cin and I have to stick together. Goligoski actually is the Romo of the Stars.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Apparently we need to find a new running back while we're at it too. Just add it to the list.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Nice, Bailey.

This is the recipe for success, ask Romo to make quick simple throws, keep pounding the ball on the ground, hope the other QB is terrible.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
When are they going to get rid of kickoffs? It's such a waste of time in its current neutered state.

Brand New Stars

Now after the half, Locker looks like a completely different player.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Huge huge play by Witten to strip him to prevent the interception/touchdown.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
TD Dez, I like that back shoulder throw more than the fade actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna