NHL 20 IIHF World Junior Championships

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I really wish NHL and EA Sports would consider adding a IIHF World Juniors Championship tournament update. I'm sure fans would love to play a tournament with these teams from all over the world. Why can't this happen, does it have to do with the licensing rights and would they ever include this tournament in these future videogsmes???

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
I really wish NHL and EA Sports would consider adding a IIHF World Juniors Championship tournament update. I'm sure fans would love to play a tournament with these teams from all over the world. Why can't this happen, does it have to do with the licensing rights and would they ever include this tournament in these future videogsmes???

Yes.

Many players (Team USA) come from NCAA.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yes.

Many players (Team USA) come from NCAA.
It wouldn't really matter where the players come from if the characters were fictional. It would be an interesting add-on to the Franchise mode and would give the prospects a bit more substance.

Reactions: RangersFan1994
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
It would be a nice feature to have - even if they didn't have a licensed version.

It would be nice for the US to actually be licensed finally. Don't mind that they are fake - but no players are great from there when I play.

CarbonFootprint

Apr 9, 2016
I wish that they had a tournament mode period. I mean one that you can use any teams and any players like they used to in the NHL game series. They used to have a 8 or 16 team tournament mode but now they only have the Spengler Cup and Champions League but you can’t make your own!

Willy1964

Sep 6, 2018
There are no NCAA rights necessary. For the IIHF Junior WC Championships EA need to buy the IIHF rights. This rights include the National Jerseys which we do not see in EA NHL now too.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I understand its difficult to get licensing, but if EA just imported a custom roster thing for the community to share rosters, and have a tournament mode for the national teams, we could just make the world juniors themselves.

At the very least for BAGM and BAP they could add an EA Sports Prospect Cup in the mid season, where you represent your country for the EA Cup or something, that would be pretty cool and avoid issues with the IIHF since its an EA made thing.

Reactions: NMF

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am curious as to why it is so hard to get the licensing rights to IIHF, I mean their football edition was able to grab FIFA and that would be thousand times more than anything else...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad