OT: II. Tommy G's Steak and Chop House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I start moving Friday, should be done by Sunday (going to a pool party here in Plano on Saturday), and I start my new job on Monday!

Brand New Stars

College Station isn't too bad. I'm a UT fan but chose A&M because a degree from there means quite a bit, and Austin has too many homeless and creepy/weird people for my liking.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I was raised an Aggie, and I want to major in meteorology, a major TU doesn't offer while A&M is a top 3 school in it.

Best of luck, Elysian! Hope it all works out. :)

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Right on LT, just giving you a hard time. It's a good school but I'll be damned if former Aggies aren't some of the most annoying people I've met.

Brand New Stars

It really is cult-like there, and I'm glad I'm not part of it.

vofty

Mar 2, 2008
TX
Right on LT, just giving you a hard time. It's a good school but I'll be damned if former Aggies aren't some of the most annoying people I've met.

Not all of us drink the koolaid. ;)

Truth is I was an undergrad transfer and one of the only things about the school I knew was that they were maroon and they had a dog mascot...lol. Originally came here for the vet school but switched to human med instead. I do have to say that a degree from either A&M or UT goes a very long ways, I would say ~80% of my med school class was either from A&M or UT.

I do think the traditions were fun to participate in as an undergrad, but now I'm just over it.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I don't get why people still use it. I know I never would after learning that.

I know a decent number of people who take this stance. Honestly, I find it a tad dramatic.

Nobody is making light of the death of those people, merely pointing to the circumstances that led to it. You do realize that most of the people drank the koolaid willingly, right? Some people were shot up with the poison in their arm, etc. but the people who drank the koolaid mostly did so of their own volition - that's why the phrase exists. It points to a moment in history that we should all remember and be careful to not reproduce.

"Drinking the koolaid" just means buying into something somebody is telling you without really questioning it, to me anyways.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I know a decent number of people who take this stance. Honestly, I find it a tad dramatic.

Nobody is making light of the death of those people, merely pointing to the circumstances that led to it. You do realize that most of the people drank the koolaid willingly, right? Some people were shot up with the poison in their arm, etc. but the people who drank the koolaid mostly did so of their own volition. That's why the phrase exists. It's pointing to a moment in history that we should all remember and be careful not to reproduce.

"Drinking the koolaid" just means buying into something somebody is telling you without really questioning it, to me anyways.

Meh, I still am not fond of it. Creeps me out for the most part, but you do have a point.

Still, even though they did take it willingly, it'd would've been forced upon them if they hadnt. And what disturbs me the most is how many children died in it.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Meh, I still am not fond of it. Creeps me out for the most part, but you do have a point.

Still, even though they did take it willingly, it'd would've been forced upon them if they hadnt. And what disturbs me the most is how many children died in it.

Jonestown should sicken anyone. What's most ****ed up about it is how devoted those ******** were who took their children to South America to live on a commune with a nut.

I'm assuming then that when someone says something like "if you put a gun to my head and I had to choose..." that should really bother you right? Because in the history of the world people actually have had guns put to their head and died because of it.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
Also I now have to fly into Cincinnati instead of Lexington because there is nothing left. The worst part is that it is sunny here now

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
At least you weren't stuck in Atlanta. Guh, dread thinking about getting stuck in that airport. :amazed::amazed:

I had a layover in Atlanta once, stopped at a restaurant in the terminal that had Sweetwater Brewing beers on tap, they were pretty damned amazing. Worth the layover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad