GDT: II | "Suppression & Escalation" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 10.11.14 | 8:00PM | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(0-1-0) --vs-- (1-0-0)

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: October 11th 2014
Game Time: 8:00 PM
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: CBC
Streamed:
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S GO-TO HOCKEY PUMP UP VIDEO]

[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Benoit Pouliot - Leon Draisaitl - Nail Yakupov
David Perron - Marc Arcobello - Teddy Purcell
Matt Hendricks - Boyd Gordon - Jesse Joensuu

Brad Hunt - Justin Schultz
Nikita Nikitin - Mark Fayne
Andrew Ference - Jeff Petry

Viktor Fasth
Ben Scrivens
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=CANUCKS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Radim Vrbata
Chris Higgins - Nick Bonino - Alex Burrows
Brad Richardson - Linden Vey - Zack Kassian
Derek Dorsett - Shawn Matthias - Jannik Hansen

Alex Edler - Chris Tanev
Dan Hamhuis - Luca Sbisa
Ryan Stanton - Kevin Bieksa

Ryan Miller
Eddie Lack
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- There are whispers that Darnell Nurse could slot in for his NHL debut tonight. Lines will be updated at morning skate. UPD: Besides Fasth, apparently no changes to the lineup.

- One thing I don't like about opening week is the home opener ceremonies. Hopefully tonight doesn't drag to long.

- Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone! Oilers, give us something to be thankful for.
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Even last season the GDT would be on just after midnight. I think this is the year that even the rosiest glasses start to fade.

I predict a couple goals against where we see for Oiler jerseys "swarming" the puck in the corner and four open 'Nuck ******** wide open in front

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata look really good. Big night for them.

Prediciton:
5-2 Canucks.
Vrbata (2), D. Sedin, Edler, Burrows
Schultz, Yakupov

Repeat of Thursday night. Oilers dominate in stretches but brutal defensive mistakes against the Canucks 5 on 5 will sink the Oilers. Negatives of the Oilers again outweight the positives.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Vancouver still getting respect here!? :dunno:

Their lineup has drastically changed in the past few seasons, they'll get exposed sooner than later.

2-1 Oil

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Even last season the GDT would be on just after midnight. I think this is the year that even the rosiest glasses start to fade.

Well that's not true.

Aside... changed the video in the GDT... something more uplifting. It's the video I watch when I'm getting amped up for the playoffs or the start of a new season. It's a couple years old, and there's strong motifs that flow through the video. It's a gooder.

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
LA is an automatic loss and this team doesn't have the resolve to overcome an 0-3 start so this is pretty much a must win already...

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Vancouver still getting respect here!? :dunno:

Their lineup has drastically changed in the past few seasons, they'll get exposed sooner than later.

2-1 Oil

We have the potential to be a better team but until we show it Vancouver should be seen as the better team. The Sedins are in line for a much better season than last season IMO. Vey was also a nice pick-up for Vancouver.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Since brainiac Eakins decided to play them together once (IIRC) in the preseason, should it be any surprise that they weren't firing on all cylinders last game?

Since the topline was undressed in the preseason game is there any surprise that total lack of clue would continue into the regular season. The 4 man bobsled rides again. Sedins on a good day will slice that ****.

I just don't think Eakins is teaching this team much of anything. No evidence of learning a thing.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Since the topline was undressed in the preseason game is there any surprise that total lack of clue would continue into the regular season. The 4 man bobsled rides again. Sedins on a good day will slice that ****.

I just don't think Eakins is teaching this team much of anything. No evidence of learning a thing.

I am not an Eakins fan, however Yak looks like a much more committed defensive player. At least some of that has to do with Eakins handling/teaching of him. That said the top line needs to be better than the opposing teams top line 60% of the time or so for us to have a chance to get into the playoffs. They need to be better than they were last night. That said Hall is a notoriously slow starter in terms of his decision making and getting his game up to speed. We flat out need more from them tonight and going forward though.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I am not an Eakins fan, however Yak looks like a much more committed defensive player. At least some of that has to do with Eakins handling/teaching of him. That said the top line needs to be better than the opposing teams top line 60% of the time or so for us to have a chance to get into the playoffs. They need to be better than they were last night. That said Hall is a notoriously slow starter in terms of his decision making and getting his game up to speed. We flat out need more from them tonight and going forward though.

Yak looking good is aside from Eakins, not because of him. Yak was a great player when we drafted him. So he continues to have great skills. Would be nice if he got more than a dozen minutes to use them to effect.

First time I ever saw yak play in person was at prospects scrimmage and he broke up 3 rushes that day. He's always had that ability. He can strip pucks and make reads. When he's not being **** on every day.

Funniest thing is Jari Kurri stated 5 times yesterday that the best thing sather ever did for him is to keep giving him chances, not bench him, not send him to the minors. People forget this but Kurri really struggled early on with the adaptation to NA game, rink, and NHL.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
If we don't limit the minutes of the Schultz - Hunt Paring today we lose 7-1

If we do we might have a shot but magic 8-ball says outlook not so good.

I'll say 4-2 Van Sedins have 7 points combined.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Well that's not true.

Aside... changed the video in the GDT... something more uplifting. It's the video I watch when I'm getting amped up for the playoffs or the start of a new season. It's a couple years old, and there's strong motifs that flow through the video. It's a gooder.
Sorry my previous post kind of sounded like at shot at you and it wasn't meant to be. Thanks you and great job on the GDT(I certainly don't have the creativity for it)

If we don't limit the minutes of the Schultz - Hunt Paring today we lose 7-1

If we do we might have a shot but magic 8-ball says outlook not so good.

I'll say 4-2 Van Sedins have 7 points combined.
I thought they had great chemistry last game :huh: It's Fayne thats making me cringe

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Come on guys! Big win needed tonight to wash away the bad taste of Thursday's loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad