Igor Grigorenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

semenko27

Aug 24, 2003
Ontario
I just read in The Hockey News that he will spend next year in Russia to get his game back as he hardly played last year (obviously).

aaronm_88

May 17, 2004
he played a few games in the playoffs last year for his home team....so i would say he's well on his way back to elite nhl prospect status

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Grigorenko is much better now. He is now in Finland for preseason training with his club Lada of Togliatti. His coach Vorobiev told Russian newspapers that he improved a lot since the end of last season when he played couple of games for the farm team. The only negative thing Vorobiev says is that Grigorenko looks a little "heavy" on the skates, whatever that means. Other than that they say he looks 100% and even participated in a fight in one of the training games.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
rushockey said:
Grigorenko is much better now. He is now in Finland for preseason training with his club Lada of Togliatti. His coach Vorobiev told Russian newspapers that he improved a lot since the end of last season when he played couple of games for the farm team. The only negative thing Vorobiev says is that Grigorenko looks a little "heavy" on the skates, whatever that means. Other than that they say he looks 100% and even participated in a fight in one of the training games.

I would assume that looking "heavy" on his skates essentially means that Grigorenko isn't skating as effortlessly as he was before the accident. This is probably due to an intense amount of atrophy in his muscles due to the inability to work them on an intense schedule as he was previously. Once he gets his skating legs back, which would probably be in a few months, that heavy look will go away. It's just Grigorenko working himself back into game shape. If Grigorenko makes it to the NHL, this is going to be a fantastic story. Hell, it is already.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
The kid nearly died and now partecipate in fights??? That's awesome, this means he feels okay.
When he will get back all his confidence he really could make the NHL. Unbelievable.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
All i know is that whenever he comes over to play for Detroit, they better not let him drive.

1. Fedorov had multiple drunk driving incidents, and a car wreck i think.

2. Konstantinov had a horrible one that ended his career, and almost ended Fetisov's as well.

3. Kozlov was in a bad car accident before he came to NA.

4. Now Grigorenko had one.

Catch the theme that that's 5 Russian Detroit players that have had serious accidents with cars, semi-recently. Let me know if i forgot another one...

shadoz19

May 21, 2004
pavel datsyuk said:
All i know is that whenever he comes over to play for Detroit, they better not let him drive.

2. Konstantinov had a horrible one that ended his career, and almost ended Fetisov's as well.

Catch the theme that that's 5 Russian Detroit players that have had serious accidents with cars, semi-recently. Let me know if i forgot another one...

#2 was just plain bad luck neither was driving

#3 Wings had another prospect in the same accident and he was killed.

Jesse Wallin was in a really bad car accident and may have had something to do with his career being so short.

Zonkie

Jul 15, 2004
gothenburgh, sweden
pavel datsyuk said:

I always knew there was a reason for Detroit to be known as the Motor City...

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:

Chicago's former captain Alexei Zhamnov got a DUI last year while he was the Hawks. THe Hawks contingent of Russian veterans which have all been since been cleared out hung together and were HEAVY drinkers.

Im glad Zhamnov, Mironov, Korolev and Karpotsev are all gone and wont be around to be negative influences on our young Russian prospects Babchuk, Yakubov, Vorobiev and Radulov.

The only Russian vet we had that I liked was Nikolishin and we dumped him for a 4th round pick. But since we signed Curtis Brown as our third line center trading Niko is more palatable now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad