Proposal: Iginla to Toronto

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Iginla for Leivo and 4th 2017.

I don't think he would consider the leafs he wants a stanley cup more like a Pittsburgh or Capitals on the east or Chicago on the west. Also we don't have a 3rd this year im not sure we should give up our 4th as well

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Iggy wants and deserves a cup. So, essentially, this is irrelevant.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Iginla has a nmc. He won't waive it for Toronto. He wants a cup.

And it would be quite stupid for Toronto to give up any assets for a rental such as Iginla.

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
Iginla for Leivo and 4th 2017.

This makes absolutely no sense for anyone.

Iginla wouldn't waive.

Toronto shouldn't be parting with young assets (Leivo will play for the next injured forward) and they should just keep the 4th.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
what team can afford him that is in contention? I think he'd want to go there, especially with babcock and come back to Canada.

With max retention, iginla's cap hit would be peanuts (less than 1 million)

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
No chance this deal happens. Iggy, if traded, will probably go to the Sharks or the Habs.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
And whose spot does he take on the RW? Marner, Nylander, or Brown? I'd rather keep those three in the top-9 on the RW.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No chance this deal happens. Iggy, if traded, will probably go to the Sharks or the Habs.

Going to be totally honest here, with the way Iginla is playing right now, why does a contender give up assets and a roster spot for him? Nothing personal against Iggy, would love to see him get a cup....i just don't see what he contributes. I guess as a depth forward, but why give up assets for a depth forward?

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Going to be totally honest here, with the way Iginla is playing right now, why does a contender give up assets and a roster spot for him? Nothing personal against Iggy, would love to see him get a cup....i just don't see what he contributes. I guess as a depth forward, but why give up assets for a depth forward?

He provides a shooting option on a second powerplay unit, also gives you a depth forward who will grind it out in the corners, not that it's hard to find one of those guys.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He provides a shooting option on a second powerplay unit, also gives you a depth forward who will grind it out in the corners, not that it's hard to find one of those guys.

Again, i'd love to see him get a cup...and i hope the Avs can get an asset. It's just that i think most teams have a depth forward in the system, no need to trade assets.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Again, i'd love to see him get a cup...and i hope the Avs can get an asset. It's just that i think most teams have a depth forward in the system, no need to trade assets.

It'll be like a 4th rounder, maybe a 3rd.

Not much for a guy that could get a few goals in the playoffs and play on the 3rd line.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

When I look at a team like San Jose and see players like Sorensen/Haley playing on the 4th line who have zero playoff experience and don't play a heavy game(Sorensen) I could see an option of Iginla coming in and providing a playoff style of game with limited minutes.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
As a fan of the Leafs: this makes no sense. He should go try and win a cup.

As a fan of the Sharks: they need to keep transitioning towards being a faster team. Iginla would have worked well on the Sharks 5 years ago but they shouldn't be making moves like this now.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016

Sure he's aging and isn't producing like he has in the past. However, one short season ago he was a 20 goal scorer. Now he's getting ice time with John Mitchell and Blake Comeau on the worst team in hockey by far. Iginla absolutely has value on a third line of a contender, and could crack a second unit PP. He's a leader, good teammate, and is driven as this is probably his last chance. If the Leafs were legitimate contenders I would absolutely give up assets for Iginla.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad