Proposal: Iginla to Montreal

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Don't want him, don't need him, he's not worth anything Montreal might send the other way. People will bring up points, and ''toufness'', but the truth is, the only reason he put up points last year and the year before is that the Avs constructed their PP in such a way that all pucks are channeled to him, which neutered the rest of the players on the PP. And as for ''toufness'', he is as soft as it gets outside of fighting, he is the easiest guy to knock off the puck on a team that features Colborne and Grigorenko.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Yeah Iginla is a complete passenger at this point, so if Montreal wants him for ceremonial reasons, great, give us something of little value so you don't hate us later

Also if you're gonna put proposal in the title, make a damn proposal

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Don't want him, don't need him, he's not worth anything Montreal might send the other way. People will bring up points, and ''toufness'', but the truth is, the only reason he put up points last year and the year before is that the Avs constructed their PP in such a way that all pucks are channeled to him, which neutered the rest of the players on the PP. And as for ''toufness'', he is as soft as it gets outside of fighting, he is the easiest guy to knock off the puck on a team that features Colborne and Grigorenko.

So....he got a lot of points by finishing plays on the powerplay.....yeah what a scrub. :sarcasm:

I wouldn't give much tbh...but I still see value in Iggy, depth for a playoff run can never hurt.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
So....he got a lot of points by finishing plays on the powerplay.....yeah what a scrub. :sarcasm:

I wouldn't give much tbh...but I still see value in Iggy, depth for a playoff run can never hurt.

Yeah he had such great success, and Montreal would be really smart to use him in such role :sarcasm:

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
I think he would fit in really well with the Habs and with Weber and Price. He would add a punch to our offense for sure

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I think he would fit in really well with the Habs and with Weber and Price. He would add a punch to our offense for sure

He'd be a disaster acquisition imo.

Habs bread and butter is extremely fast puck cycling. Our system is how we're winning games even without Galchenyuk. Iginla is probably the slowest player in the league now. He's a terrible fit.

Stormcrow

Jul 5, 2010
I dont think that he would fit with the Habs at all tbh. He has lost his footspeed and doesn't really play their style IMO.
I would rather keep the 2nd rounder and try to fill our empty cupboards :(

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
What do you guys think the Habs need to give up to get Iggy from the Avs? I am thinking a draft pick or a prospect

IMO, the only thing we need to give up for Iggy is the idea that we need to give up something for him.

Classic case of paying for his name, not current play. I'd pass.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
woof. don't want him at all. doesn't fit into habs up tempo pressure offence. 2nd round pick? LOL

keep him

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Avs fans keep saying how terrible and washed up he is.

Not sure how much is just honest critiquing and how much is scapegoating, because everyone on that team has been awful whenever I've watched it (exceptions go to MacKinnon and Rantanen). He's definitely slow as molasses, but I've seen a number of critiques that seem somewhat inaccurate (one poster previously said he handles the puck 'like a hand grenade' which is not the case when I've watched him play).

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Literally the only reason to acquire Iginla at this point is sentimental value, and hoping that his presence pushes your guys to want to win him a championship - he's not going to give much of an effort, he's not going to score enough to justify even his remaining salary, and he's not even that much of a positive veteran presence.

It's really quite sad to see such a legendary player and man coasting through his own swan song, but that is sincerely all he is doing.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Unless some GM is stupid enough to believe Iggy is still a player, Sakic should trade Iggy with half retained for a 5th.

Gives him a chance to chase the cup. Who knows, maybe he'll still have something left in the tank like Tanguay did when he was traded.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Unless some GM is stupid enough to believe Iggy is still a player, Sakic should trade Iggy with half retained for a 5th.

Gives him a chance to chase the cup. Who knows, maybe he'll still have something left in the tank like Tanguay did when he was traded.

5th or 4th is probably not worth the $ 750k it would cost to retain half of his salary at the deadline.

If we retain half it IMO should at least be a 3rd coming our way.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not sure how much is just honest critiquing and how much is scapegoating, because everyone on that team has been awful whenever I've watched it (exceptions go to MacKinnon and Rantanen). He's definitely slow as molasses, but I've seen a number of critiques that seem somewhat inaccurate (one poster previously said he handles the puck 'like a hand grenade' which is not the case when I've watched him play).

He has what, 10 points on the season? And he's been given ample amounts of PP time to boot where the primary focus has been to tailor to him and set him up for shots.

As soon as the guy gets the puck, the only thought I have is "instant turnover upcoming". He's brutal. He can't handle the puck, struggles to make simple passes, is a very slow skater. He just can't cut it anymore. Not good enough to play top-6, too slow/passive/soft to play bottom-6

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Avalanche of Colorado should only negotiate with the poster named "ottawa" as he's been trying to make the Jerome of Iginla acquisition for a long time, even before Iginla said he would waive to contend for a cup. His hard work should be rewarded

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad