Proposal: Iginla to habs for Desharnais

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
Didn't realize the fancy stats put him in "Girardi-bad" discussion

He's been pretty bad since the Boston days. He's a liability on the ice despite having these artificially inflated stats. He can't skate, he can't finish a check, he's bad defensively and lose pretty much all those one on one battles.

as bad as he is, he's better than DD for the Habs. besides, it would only be for a few months anyhow

Ill burn my house down if Iggy ever wears a habs sweater

reason enough right there for everyone to want the trade. :sarcasm:

....just film it. I bet it could form the basis of Goon 3

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...00&teamid=0&type=fenwick&sort=PCT&sortdir=ASC Wait, so does this analytics rating mean that Dustin Brown is "better" than those 248 players listed before him?

Well it shows the Kings generally possess the puck when he's on the ice.

Note though that he's part of a Kings cluster:

Brown 58.5
Pearson 58.5
Lucic 58.5
Doughty 58.5
McNabb 58.4
Muzzin 57.4

Meanwhile
Mitchell 41.7
Iginla 42.2 (except with far more OZ faceoffs)

Are in their own world of suck.

edit

Also elite forwards tend to have high personal shooting percentages and high on ice shooting percentages. Brown's 4.73% is pretty brutal. Might be sort of bad luck though.

edit2

Except he's also 5.63% over the past three years.

Last edited:

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'd like to see Iggy join a real Cup contender at the deadline. I'd also like to see him off Colorado's payroll before the deadline. I'm not sure either of those things will happen.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
MB is in Colorado...cap dump for cap dump, who adds? DD has some (limited) experience playing on the wings. Habs could use a cheap rental for the playoffs as well.

Would the Avalanche of Colorado be interested in this? DD will add more speed and grit to your team, and he's a small and useless player but with a big heart. He has no finish and doesn't have the best hands but he has good vision.

Lmfao what DD are you referring to? If it's Desharnais, then you must be blind. He couldn't provide grit if you tied him to the back of a truck and dragged him down a dirt road.

Yanda

Apr 9, 2014
according to FF% the LA kings are your new Stanley Cup Champions and Kris Versteeg is offically the 24th best player in the NHL.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So no one really answer the question though. Would Colorado go for this? As a habs fan in a heartbeat even if habs have to add

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If he'd waive I'd personally drive him to the airport.

I hate to see a hall of fame caliber player end his career this way. Last year he was awful 5v5 and so far this year it looks just as bad or worse. He is literally the definition of black hole 5v5, he was even marginal on the PP even though he got a goal. There was one moment on a 5v3 where the puck was going up the board at a pretty slow pace, no one was on him, and he half assed it and the puck snuck out the zone for absolutely no reason because of his old man laziness and it killed all of our 5v3 momentum.

He has just hit the wall hard, and all I can say is its a good thing that this is the last season we have him signed. I personally can't see any team giving him a contract going forward, maybe Calgary gives him a pity league minimum 1 year deal next season so he can retire there, but that's about it.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
MB is in Colorado...cap dump for cap dump, who adds? DD has some (limited) experience playing on the wings. Habs could use a cheap rental for the playoffs as well.

Would the Avalanche of Colorado be interested in this? DD will add more speed and grit to your team, and he's a small and useless player but with a big heart. He has no finish and doesn't have the best hands but he has good vision.

I think its far more likely Mtl would be looking to make a move with Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad