Proposal: Iginla to habs for Desharnais

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
MB is in Colorado...cap dump for cap dump, who adds? DD has some (limited) experience playing on the wings. Habs could use a cheap rental for the playoffs as well.

Would the Avalanche of Colorado be interested in this? DD will add more speed and grit to your team, and he's a small and useless player but with a big heart. He has no finish and doesn't have the best hands but he has good vision.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You already know this but Iggy has control over where he plays. He said he wouldn't waive a few months ago.

Perkele 14

Sep 19, 2002
Terrebonne
MB is in Colorado...cap dump for cap dump, who adds? DD has some (limited) experience playing on the wings. Habs could use a cheap rental for the playoffs as well.

Would the Avalanche of Colorado be interested in this? DD will add more speed and grit to your team, and he's a small and useless player but with a big heart. He has no finish and doesn't have the best hands but he has good vision.

DD adding grit!!??!! Agree that he has heart but grit!?! Come on!!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Iginla's kids are in school and have good hockey teams to play for. I don't see him waiving.

Perhaps at trade deadline to a strong cup contender but even that might not be a given. Why a strong cup contender would want him over other rentals is beyond me but perhaps he can hit his second wind for a cup push.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
has iginla got that bad?? he almost had 50pts last season?

He's been pretty bad since the Boston days. He's a liability on the ice despite having these artificially inflated stats. He can't skate, he can't finish a check, he's bad defensively and lose pretty much all those one on one battles.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I just think they should just trade Iginla back to Calgary. I'd hate to not see him retire a Flame, plus they need a RW.

Iginla for Versteeg, Wotherspoon and 4th

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
He's been pretty bad since the Boston days. He's a liability on the ice despite having these artificially inflated stats. He can't skate, he can't finish a check, he's bad defensively and lose pretty much all those one on one battles.

Iginla was not bad his first year in Denver. He definitely wasn't prime Iggy, but he wasn't anywhere near as bad as he was last season.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I just think they should just trade Iginla back to Calgary. I'd hate to not see him retire a Flame, plus they need a RW.

Iginla for Versteeg, Wotherspoon and 4th

Cap doesn't work on this. Calgary has less than $10k in cap space, and this has them adding more than $4m in cap hit.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Desharhnais adds grit in a deal where he replaces iginla?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad