Speculation: Iginla to E-town, I got a feeling...

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Add more wood to the fire, Speedyturtle, our hidden informer who's called NUMEROUS Big trades in the Oilers last 8 years posted something was up today so there could be a big move coming to Edmonton. We shall see.

He also called the Nicholson/Chiarelli coup before it happened. Guy is legit. If he's talking, we should be listening.

Not that Iginla would be a big move or anything, but something's up.

RookiefantasyGM

Jan 18, 2016
Vancouver
Only thing I don't like about the Oilers getting Iggy is I would actually cheer for the dam Oilers for the first and only time in my life! But sticking it to the Flames is even better!

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Only thing I don't like about the Oilers getting Iggy is I would actually cheer for the dam Oilers for the first and only time in my life! But sticking it to the Flames is even better!

I don't speak for the entire fan base obviously, but it wouldn't bother me. If Iggy feels Edmonton gives him a legitimate chance, I wouldn't blame him at all for taking it.

theranfordflop

Jul 2, 2003
Vancouver
Slepychev is sitting in the PB for EDM and is better than Iginla in just about every aspect of the game.
Kassian and Pakarinen are better as well.

My lord. Fellow Oilers fans... I know we're doing well. But let's get our heads out of the clouds.

Iginla isn't what he once was, but he's not worse than our AHL tweeners, which - while I love Pak, Khaira, Slepyshev a lot - is exactly what those guys are. They haven't even come close to establishing themselves as full time NHL'ers.

RookiefantasyGM

Jan 18, 2016
Vancouver
Will never happen. He is not ruining his legacy to go to a team that has no shot at the SC.

LOL Who has a better shot in the West, San Jose okay yup give you that one but Edmonton is a legit top 3 team in the West and who knows what happens in the playoffs!

I hate to admit it because I hate all Alberta teams but the Oilers have arrived and we better get used to it because they will be a top team in the West for years to come.

Not recognising that is one of two things, either denial or Zero Hockey sense!

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
At this point in time Iggy just mite be the worst forward in the NHL. The guy was done 3-4 years ago.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
At this point in time Iggy just mite be the worst forward in the NHL. The guy was done 3-4 years ago.

not even close, you can argue he kinda started his descent last year, but 3 years ago he scored 30 goals and the year before that he had a good playoffs with the pens. Recency bias at it's best.

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
From what I have heard from an Av' s reporter on the radio Saturday, Iggy is done. Still can shoot, but can't get there to take it! Hope the Oilers don't get fleeced.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
oooh if its a big trade...could it be Barrie?

Well he isn't at the peak of his value right now. Probably better to hang on to him till next season when hopefully this dumpsterfire of a team is not as bad anymore...

Don't think the Oilers would want to pay the price needed for him tbh...

I think Colborne / Fayne or Soderberg / Pouliot are the more interesting options given Chiarellis history with both of them. Oilers probably would have to give a mid pick to make it work but that is something I could see happen...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad