Iggy's slow start

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins fan coming in peace. Guys, does Iggy usually start off the first couple of months slow and turns on his scoring from middle of December on? He is playing great the past few weeks and I hope it lasts the rest of the season.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
he should get going and if you're lucky in a couple months he will be a monster going into the playoffs.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That's him, slow start, get hot then choke at the end.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Bruins fan coming in peace. Guys, does Iggy usually start off the first couple of months slow and turns on his scoring from middle of December on? He is playing great the past few weeks and I hope it lasts the rest of the season.

Thoughts?

Exactly what happens. Usually plays like crap in the beginning, hits around a goal per game in December and January, then cools down a bit and heats up for playoffs.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Frankly, Iggy's start to this season was much better than we've seen in his last couple in Calgary. Maybe it doesn't show in the points total, but he's in a more defensive system and is not the primary scoring option.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
That's funny :laugh:

Last season he had almost as many points in April as in February. The previous season March was his best month. The seasion prior to that he had 11 points in 5 games to end the season. I don't care to go back further.

He has 32 goals and 61 points in 69 playoff games.

What exactly do you find so hilarious about the statement?

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Iggy is on pace for about a 20 goal, 50 point pace.

That's about what he is these days.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks for answering. Iggy has 4 goals in the last 3 games. He looks like he might hit the 30 mark.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Last season he had almost as many points in April as in February. The previous season March was his best month. The seasion prior to that he had 11 points in 5 games to end the season. I don't care to go back further.

He has 32 goals and 61 points in 69 playoff games.

What exactly do you find so hilarious about the statement?

Exactly. And don't forget that Jarome was in on BOTH gold metal game winning goals. 2 Memorial Cups with the Blazers. WJC gold metal and tournament MVP. In a big game, Jarome steps up. He always has and always will.

How many players have TWO Memorial cups, A WJC, a world cup (or whatever that 2004 tournament was called) and TWO Olympic gold metals.

I am cheering for the Bruins. There seems to be something missing on Iginlas' resume. And if he doesn't get it this year he can still get it another year. The guy is gonna be a key player into his 40s.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
He has been like that for a few weeks now. He scored a similar goal to the one he scored last Saturday on a nice long pass from Lucic and Iggy crashing the net and scoring.

That was a really nice goal. Lucic is turning into a pretty good playmaker and that was vintage Iggy driving the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad