If You're Wayne Gretzky: Jovanovski vs. Phaneuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery4Byng*

Right now, Phaneuf.....

Jovo just has not had a great start to the season.... Why not give a young guy a chance to get a good taste of what he will be a part of for years to come.

Rob Stauber*

tray said:
Right now, Phaneuf.....

Jovo just has not had a great start to the season.... Why not give a young guy a chance to get a good taste of what he will be a part of for years to come.

I think with Phaneuf, your gonna get some great play out of him.

I really haven't seen a rookie defenseman play this great since, well........ironically Jovanovski in Florida.

I think if you put Phaneuf on the team, he will contribute alot.

Bring Back Smyth

Oct 6, 2005
Phaneuf has been the best player on Calgary with exception to Kipper so far this season. This being based on the 8 or 9 games I have watched of Calgary. That being said, I haven't really seen any Nucks games except for ones against Edmonton.

nesbit_21

Aug 2, 2005
between the two? I'll take Phaneuf, but in the grand scheme of things I dont want either.

Pronger Neidermayer
Blake Foote
Redden Regher

McCabe as an extra, or mabey Phaneuf.

Rob Stauber*

Kevin Forbes said:
this should probably be on the International Board

but who're the six guys ahead of this decision?

Pick whoever you want.

Let's say:

Regehr
Redden
Pronger
Blake (Even though he doesn't deserve it)
Foote

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
Rob Stauber said:
Let's say you have one spot left on defense for the Olympic roster. Do you take Jovonovski or Phaneuf ?

Discuss....

Phaneuf

I don't know if Jovo has gotten cocky or what his story is, he just isn't the same player he was a few years ago. He costs Van just as many games as we wins for them with costly penalties and extremely undisciplined play. Defensively he is not that great anymore, where offensively he still does well.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
As of right now, I think Jovo is a lock to make the team. He hasn't been great this season, but he hasn't been horrible either. He's played for Canada in the past internationally, and has played well for them. Right now, I think Canada's top 6 will be Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger, Adam Foote, Rob Blake, Wade Redden and Ed Jovanovski. The final selection, or two if they carry 8 d-men, will be the hardest to make. But right now, I think Gretzky goes with what has been successful in the past.

espo*

Jo-vo....................just get on his *** and scream in his ear..........................he'll get the message.

espo*

Peter Griffin said:
As of right now, I think Jovo is a lock to make the team. He hasn't been great this season, but he hasn't been horrible either. He's played for Canada in the past internationally, and has played well for them. Right now, I think Canada's top 6 will be Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger, Adam Foote, Rob Blake, Wade Redden and Ed Jovanovski. The final selection, or two if they carry 8 d-men, will be the hardest to make. But right now, I think Gretzky goes with what has been successful in the past.
The seventh call is the hard call.You're right............that's the top six no question........who do we take for 7th?

espo*

incawg said:
Given his past international experience, I don't think this will even be an issue for Wayne. Jovo will be on the team.
Probably yeah.Experience....................yep.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
The question at this point deserves to be Phaneuf vs. Blake, or Phaneuf vs. Hannan, not Jovanovski.

At any rate, I will be very surprised to see Phaneuf on the team, but that's what I said about Regehr when the World Cup rolled around...

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
cyclops said:
The seventh call is the hard call.You're right............that's the top six no question........who do we take for 7th?
A lot of people have already written Foote off and many are saying Jovo is on the bubble as well. With Regehr and Hannan in the wings and McCabe playing well, it is not hard to replace these two. Hannan hasn't been great this year and McCabe is a great offensive defenceman but is terrible on the large surface because he is slow and can't play defence. I could definitely see Regehr on this team though.

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
The question at this point deserves to be Phaneuf vs. Blake, or Phaneuf vs. Hannan, not Jovanovski.

At any rate, I will be very surprised to see Phaneuf on the team, but that's what I said about Regehr when the World Cup rolled around...

Phaneuf is great but he will be a mainstay on TC for years to come, just not right now. Regehr is one of the best defensive players in the league. Top 5 for sure. Offensively he is not great but he is a horse in his own zone.

espo*

guzzy said:
A lot of people have already written Foote off and many are saying Jovo is on the bubble as well. With Regehr and Hannan in the wings and McCabe playing well, it is not hard to replace these two. Hannan hasn't been great this year and McCabe is a great offensive defenceman but is terrible on the large surface because he is slow and can't play defence. I could definitely see Regehr on this team though.
Dumb people have written Foote off,don't worry....................he's on the team,and will knock heads when on it.Jo-vo i'm not sure of but i think only a guy like Phaneuf can take him off.Right now the top six is probably...........Pronger,Blake,Neidermayer,Regehr,Foote,Redden.............and one spot left...................you make the call!!!

ZadorovNJD*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Jovanovski is having a ''bad'' season with 18 points in 23 games, a plus rating, and 25 minutes of ice a night? Sorry - wake up guys...

And leads his team with 32 giveaways. 11 more than #2 Bertuzzi.

Edit: That's 5th in the league, but Pronger is ahead of him with 33...

Rob Stauber*

nesbit_21 said:
between the two? I'll take Phaneuf, but in the grand scheme of things I dont want either.

Pronger Neidermayer
Blake Foote
Redden Regher

McCabe as an extra, or mabey Phaneuf.

Damm, i completely forgot about Niedermayer. Take Blake off and put him on.

Danny__K

Oct 6, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
Giveaways? What a pointless stat.

how is how many times you've coughed up the puck a useless stat? Its indicative of someone who is a defensive liability and why i would take Phaneuf over Jovo,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad