If you had to guess right now, from which division will the Stanley Cup winner be from?

If you had to guess right now, from which division will the Stanley Cup winner be from?

• Total voters

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Because eventually teams from the north will have to go through a real team.

The point is, so will they have, with the North champion did not.

Your team, has to maim VGK
Other divisions: TB, CAR and FLA
WAS, NYI, BOS. PIT

Sounds like the other final four, has to through a hell of their own.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

WAS, NYI, BOS. PIT

I get your point. I guess for me it's more that I don't have any team in the North Division being that close to the true contenders of the league.

Anything can happen of course, but I don't like their chances out of any of the teams you listed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The numbers state differently.

Defending Cup Champion leads the league in points. The league MVP from two seasons ago hasn't played a game this season, but will return in the playoffs.

There's no guarantee they win, but they are probably bigger favorites this year to win the Cup than any team in recent memory.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Central because I don't think anyone beats Tampa when it's on.

I have them going back to back.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Defending Cup Champion leads the league in points. The league MVP from two seasons ago hasn't played a game this season, but will return in the playoffs.

There's no guarantee they win, but they are probably bigger favorites this year to win the Cup than any team in recent memory.

They lead by GP, not points.

Hot take: Not in the final four.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
West.....because I don't want the East to win it lol. Don't have to worry about the North winning either. It's been since 1993 and the streak will continue.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles

WAS, NYI, BOS. PIT

I would agree with that rationale, if there was an elite contender in the North. There isn't. No team in the top four of that division is going to have an "easy" path, since no one is good enough to run the table. For example, a Toronto vs. Winnipeg series would be just as difficult for those teams as a Vegas vs. Colorado series (even though Vegas and Colorado are both better teams), since both series would be tightly contested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad