If you had to decide for a PP QB for the next few years who would you take?

If you had to decide for a PP QB for the next few years who would you take?

• Evan Bouchard

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • Erik Karlsson

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
McDavd is the PP QB. Bouchard is a shooter, but McD is the QB.
hundo.
Our zone entry on the powerplay when it isn't McDavid carrying the puck in, is atrocious. Everytime I see Draisaitl, Nuge or Bouchard try to carry it in, I know it's coming back in our zone

Reactions: ManofSteel55

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
First, Connor is our PP QB, just because he doesn't line up in the point doesn't mean anything, he's the entry player, he distributes the puck, skates to create space for shooters.

Second, Skip Karlsson, rather find another Ekholm type for the right side.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Bouchard, outside of one stupid penalty in game 1, has been fantastic through 2 playoff games this year. And even that penalty, I can attribute to inexperience, and getting carried away in the moment. Considering he has a tendency to sometimes look apathetic on the ice, getting carried away emotionally isn't really the worst look for him either. Necessary point in his development imo.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think Bouchard is going to get better and better. He's young and his contract will be good for the now and many years into the future.

I think we've just seen the best of EK. Had an outlier incredible year after 4 years of injury and mediocrity. We're going to have a ton of $$$ tied up in defence after this year, and if we get another dman, I want more grit.

First, Connor is our PP QB, just because he doesn't line up in the point doesn't mean anything, he's the entry player, he distributes the puck, skates to create space for shooters.

Second, Skip Karlsson, rather find another Ekholm type for the right side.
Once they're safely in the zone though, it looks like Bouchard is taking more and more command from his position. Never saw Barrie do that, just dished off to the others.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Just develop Broberg man. There is something there. Him and Bouchard are our cornerstones. Ekholm is that guy that will accelerate this development.
We need to upgrade the right side. Broberg needs to replace Kulak and we need to upgrade Vinny and or Ceci.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Not sure Karlsson is the answer. Cap hit and acquisition cost are just to high.

In my mind a more compelling question would be:

• Bouchard
or
• Klingberg (on a cheaper deal than Bouch would sign) + the return Bouchard would bring.

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Well that's a silly question. Erik Karlsson is at a level Bouchard won't ever be at and almost no defenseman ever has been at.

But he's also in his 30s, with an injury history, making 11M per season. So the choice isn't "who would you rather", but "what situation would you rather".

And even then I'm not sure the answer is Evan Bouchard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad