If you had a choice....

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
It's Tim Erixon.

And I'd take Colborne/Erixon, mainly because I don't think Bogosian is going to be anything special. In fact, I would not be surprised at all if Erixon turned out the better NHLer, simply because he is a much more intelligent player than Bogosian is. Bogosian may have an edge in terms of raw talent, but raw talent doesn't necessarily mean he's a better player.

4thliner*

Bogosian 10/10 times.

Erixon = Toni Lydman upside. Solid, will play in the NHL for some time but no wow factor or a difference maker. And that is if he transitions well. 4th dman.

Joe Colborne is not a good bet to become a 2nd line C. Could easily bust and not get more than a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Bogosian may have Erik Johnsson syndrome as in all the talent in the world but not the head to go with it but I think he is more of a bad ass than EJ. He needs a special coach, I use to say this guy was better than Doughy even after their rookie years.

I still see Pronger 2.0 in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Well, let's see, who would one rather have: the guy who's shown reverse progress over three NHL seasons, or the guy who wouldn't even sign with the team that wanted him badly enough that they drafted him over other guys? I guess the latter since Colborne looks like he's got a solid head on his shoulders.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Would you rather have.....

Both Joe Colborne and Tom Erixon or just Zach Bogosian.

Bogosian for potential and Bogosian a couple years back but I would risk it on Erixon and Colborne.

Erixon is looking like a lock for NHL top 6 time. Colborne is getting better and seems to be reenergized by moving to team where he has a chance to make the team. He's more a good bet to make the NHL now than he was a couple years ago.

birddog*

Would you rather have.....

Both Joe Colborne and Tom Erixon or just Zach Bogosian.

Colborne and Erixon -- Bogo is one of those packages that has the size, can skate, and has a big shot but will never translate into the sum of his parts.

There are a ton of high ranked defencemen that never reach full potential. Not to say he won't be solid -- just not spectacular.

NHLFreak

Aug 5, 2010
Gimme Bogosian everyday of the week.

Just curious why you are so confident. He's shown nothing for 3 years.

Pronger atleast showed some results.

On the otherhand the more I read I keep hearing Colborne will be a 2nd -3rd line tweener.

Tim Erixon who knows? Shutdown def and/or PPlay point producing def?

Just trying to squeeze more detail out of this thread

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

On the otherhand the more I read I keep hearing Colborne will be a 2nd -3rd line tweener.

I understand where you are getting at but Bogosian has displayed at times that he does indeed have a toolbox. He just needs to become more steady and consistent about it.

I remember this game he played against the Sens where he totally dominated and scored the game winning goal IIRC. A steady force that the team feeds off of for energy like Pronger.

His slow production doesn't surprise me because he is trying to adapt to display all of his offensive and defensive skills, at a very high level, at once.

Think: Jack Johnson.

4thliner*

I would highly disagree with that. Zack Bogosian showed me more as an 18 year old rookie NHL defenceman fresh out of the draft than is needed to debunk your claim. I remember him playing shortened season for like 40 something games and scored something like 10 goals and 20 pts, and that wasn't even the best part. He was laying guys out left and right for an 18 year old kid playing 18+ mins a night. You say the guy has shown NOTHING ad Zack Bogosian plays upwards of 22 minutes per the last 2 seasons.

Best part, he is 20 years old. I would say he showed EVERY BIT of what Pronger showed his 1st 2 years in Hartford and even his 1st year or 2 in St. Luis. Bogosian can have ANOTHER sub bar year in Winnipeg again next year and I would still take him in a walk.

What is a laughable is Erixon and Colborne combined value being compared to Zack Bogosian value. Every GM out there would laugh @ whomever is making the proposal.

What was Erixon traded for again a late-mid 2nd? Colborne's value is not higher than that either. Quantity does not equal quality.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
What was Erixon traded for again a late-mid 2nd? Colborne's value is not higher than that either. Quantity does not equal quality.

Tim Erixon was traded because the Flames had no choice. It's quite clear that Erixon forced their hand. To cite his value at what he was moved for is not only foolish, it's down right stupid.

4thliner*

Tim Erixon was traded because the Flames had no choice. It's quite clear that Erixon forced their hand. To cite his value at what he was moved for is not only foolish, it's down right stupid.

Makes no difference. Even if he was 'worth' or traded for top 20 pick in the 1st round...it would not have made on iota of a difference in this Bogosian discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad